Primos trigger sticks

steve_b_wales

59 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

One of the legs on mine has jammed.   Copious amounts of oil have not achieved any remedy.   Anyone ever taken one apart?

I was very pleased with it.

I would talk to Primos, I'm told they are very good with any issues. 

1 hour ago, Grandalf said:

One of the legs on mine has jammed.   Copious amounts of oil have not achieved any remedy.   Anyone ever taken one apart?

Every pair I have ever had jam.  it’s so disappointing as I think there brilliant so every time they bring out a new model I buy them hoping they have solved the problem but not yet. 

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, why would you buy these knowing the problem, far to heavy and cumbersome for me, 2 poles from B and Q and one of mels leather Yokes

I brought mine because I love the way the collapse small enough to transport and carry when out walking on your own and climbing over gates Ect 

Just now, crossy 666 said:

I brought mine because I love the way the collapse small enough to transport and carry when out walking on your own and climbing over gates Ect 

hello, ok i can understand that, not shooting much these days so my home made jobbies suite me, i shall see what your primos are like as never seen any, cheers

2 hours ago, crossy 666 said:

My gen 3 sticks come in camo steve as my gen 2 didn’t. They also changed the size of the thread on the top so if you still have your gun rest you will need a thread adapter but I brought mine from bushwear and it come with it. 

Regarding the thread, mine (which I now know are Gen 2) has two threads on it, and to use the 2 point gun rest, I just press down  on it to reveal the right sized thread,.

On 17/05/2020 at 12:30, Grandalf said:

I had a leg jam on mine .

It was a pin in the top where the legs pivot, had come adrift.

I don't think it was too bad to get it all apart and sort out. It was a while ago when i sorted it out.

Never had any problems with the legs jamming on my Gen 2 bipod version. The monopod version I had briefly did jam up, badly, but that was down to getting run over by my Disco...

I've also got a set of Viperflex elite which are incredibly stable but are not as quick or as quiet to get up as the Trigger sticks, particularly in cover or long grass.

Both have their uses, but on balance, I tend to use the Trigger sticks more frequently.

On 17/05/2020 at 13:36, crossy 666 said:

Every pair I have ever had jam.  it’s so disappointing as I think there brilliant so every time they bring out a new model I buy them hoping they have solved the problem but not yet. 

iv ad issues now usein a wicked light tri pod with a pig saddle this is a lot better for me