Can we go out or not??🤷🏻‍♂️

Phil9

Hiya all,, with Boris’s new lockdown announcement last week,,are we aloud out to shoot now the rules have been slightly relaxed??? I’ll be on my own away from any public footpaths or roads,, on a large farm! Surely this is more safer than goin out meeting somebody from a different household,, that now is allowed?? Anybody have any answers? Thanks Phil.

How i see it crops/ livestock etc ok.  Clay shooting not convinced we can yet myself. I am even sceptical about patterning shotguns, or zeroing rifles. might get away with it under zeroing / patterning in conection with defined use. but again it is possible they could see this as Non essential.

I am just out with rimfire and Moderated CF rifles  , and minimum shots with centrefire.  OTT i agree but I want to let this pan out a bit longer before i Venture out with a shotgun again.

I am seriously looking at a Metro gun, quietest of the 12bore and 20 bores.

http://www.metrogun.com/index.html

35 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

How i see it crops/ livestock etc ok.  Clay shooting not convinced we can yet myself. I am even sceptical about patterning shotguns, or zeroing rifles. might get away with it under zeroing / patterning in conection with defined use. but again it is possible they could see this as Non essential.

I am just out with rimfire and Moderated CF rifles  , and minimum shots with centrefire.  OTT i agree but I want to let this pan out a bit longer before i Venture out with a shotgun again.

CPSA have contacted the government which have said it’s okay for clay grounds to re open.

Edited by JTaylor91

35 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

err how long is that metrogun barrel ? what safe do you need put that baby away ? if you miss you could put a small bayonet on the end and simply impale the pigeon ?

58 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

The non-essential "thing" isn't a "thing" anymore. You can travel to do as you please.

9 minutes ago, motty said:

The non-essential "thing" isn't a "thing" anymore. You can travel to do as you please.

It  still applies in Wales, Scotland and I think NI.... good luck 

Edited by HDAV

12 minutes ago, motty said:

Thanks. i just looked you are right, my mistake. We are good to go on pests vermin etc. I am still a little untrustworthy of how some police may decide rules are but at least feel comfortable traveling to and fro now. i was not convinced i was legal Today.

1 minute ago, lancer425 said:

Thanks. i just looked you are right, my mistake. We are good to go on pests vermin etc. I am still a little untrustworthy of how some police may decide rules are but at least feel comfortable traveling to and fro now. i was not convinced i was legal Today.

My trust of the police isn't what it should be!

2 hours ago, motty said:

My trust of the police isn't what it should be!

I think it says a lot that some of the most lawful and responsible members of the public have had cause to not trust the police just because some of them dislike what we do.