Open sights

Ultrastu

I ve been shooting my hw30 with opens for a few weeks now .and have been getting pretty good .we are capable of hitting a 20 mm spinner at 20 yds virtually every time  .this is with air arms match pellets .

I was just having a plink in my garden when i saw this little fella nipping the buds off my walnut tree .

18 yds side on shot and he dropped like a stone in the flower bed .his mate scarpered away along the fence .

Pellet placement was spot on he didnt stand a chance .

IMG_20200516_084735.jpg

Plinking with open sights is good fun as kids we would shoot flies off the garden wall with an old 177. I still have an air rifle and 357 under leaver with only open sights and  a .22 lr, a 308 and 7mm weatherby  that can be and do get used with open sights.

31 minutes ago, London Best said:

None of my powder burnets have open sights as I don’t do plinking with them. I have a Weatherby .308 which never had provision for open sights from new. The others have had them removed before I owned them.

I don't plink with my fac rifles (well maybe the .22 a bit) but still use the open sights. Much better at short range in poor light that a scope. Open sights was the top of the list when buying my 308.