Gamebore new wads

Interesting. Guessing now as I don't do Facebook. Would this be a monowad type for use with lead and NTS (steel in particular)? Unfortunately, I can't see the point in further development of anything just for lead - unless common sense finally prevails. If it is, is degradable as appropriate, is economic and doesn't particularly need to be effective in reducing recoil (gimmick?) they might just be on a winner.

24 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Ah, so it's not a replcement for fibre - more a environment friendly Rottweil. One could ask if back-boring had anything to do with this as it is for lead after all - or at least not across the board NTS

Back-boring was mentioned when they were discussing them. guess they will be using them with their fibre cups also. They say they have invested several million in new injection moulding machines the obturators will be 12gauge  only for now and later 20gauge  but very unlikely any other gauges due to tooling costs.
also a nice video of George digweed visiting the factory showing shot being made and then the cartridges.

Sounds good news will be interesting to see exactly what the new product is. It used the word Green. so could indeed be shot too not just the 4 gas seal wading described. The low recoil comets from diggweed are interesting. Not long to wait, we will know soon enough.

Could it be Gamebores Main companies Kents elite ammo in game bore boxes made here by gamebore . ? Is the elite ammo a bio wad of the type described . ?

https://kentcartridge.com/shotshell/elite-steel-target

Edited by lancer425

I do like the quality of the videos gamebore make and their website they show the other manufacture How it’s done.

also like their cartridges, these should sell well, but in lead shot or is in the video.

does then make one wonder if they can make the obturators out of the biodegradable plastic why not the wad?

Edited by rbrowning2

So they can reduce recoil massively in this new poroduct, so maybe the future plan in steel cartridges is reducing the recoil for people with light game guns if they can are allowed to increase the speed of them. Also I would agree with the comment before is that they are planning a bio steel wad of some sort.

Guest cookoff013
32 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

I do like the quality of the videos gamebore make and their website they show the other manufacture How it’s done.

also like their cartridges, these should sell well, but in lead shot or is in the video.

does then make one wonder if they can make the obturators out of the biodegradable plastic why not the wad?

Gamebore make inroads in the industry. There steel shells are good. There marketing is exellent. 

No sign if it is photodegradable. high temperature compostible or dissolvable... I suspect No 2 by how it looks which is of little use.

A waxed card 4mm thick over powder is also eco friendly.........along with an undyed felt wad is a environmentally friendly as you can get.

Edited by Stonepark

Let’s be clear ... this was clearly developed to take market share in the high volume high bird market.
Those who have ‘a man’ to buy them by the pallet and shoot a couple of slabs a day, most days do the week.

Hence the focus on recoil reduction and performance improvement’.

13 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

So ... a biodegradable plastic obturator for game cartridges. 

A good idea ..... once ...

Exactly this, 5 years out of date .. if not more ...

So THIS is the reason not to develop usable steel or other non tox for the foreseeable future, they need to get their money back for the latest development for super whizzy mega bang out of range bird scarers to the gentry first...

However we will all buy them as 'shiny thing make it all better' ..

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/shiny-thing-make-it-all-better-201001282420

Edited by PPP

The mention of the injection moulding machines in the video, is i imagine a pre cursor to several new wads . It could be they have "tooling if that’s the right word" for producing steel or harder shot suitable protective wads already.

Kent do TSS loads in the USA these days, they will have to go green, so such wads are a requirement of more than just steel shot.

26 minutes ago, lancer425 said:

The mention of the injection moulding machines in the video, is i imagine a pre cursor to several new wads . It could be they have "tooling if that’s the right word" for producing steel or harder shot suitable protective wads already.

Kent do TSS loads in the USA these days, they will have to go green, so such wads are a requirement of more than just steel shot.

If you look back at videos on their website they have had injection moulding machines for a long time making their own non biodegradable plastic wads this looks like addition investment in further capacity. Hopefully yet more new environmentally wads will follow.

2 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Do you expect to see one launch before September ?

I don't.

I  Am not optimistic at all, and I am not sold on the product or its hype. But if a Bucket wad comes out of it months or even years down the road it is a step in the right direction.  I have to admit i am sad it is gamebore, i do not buy from  that firm, and would not give them £1 of my money if i had alternatives.

I am sure we will know soon enough 4 to six weeks on the faceache video podcast.

8 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

If you look back at videos on their website they have had injection moulding machines for a long time making their own non biodegradable plastic wads this looks like addition investment in further capacity. Hopefully yet more new environmentally wads will follow.

That is how i understood it from the facebook video with digweed.

I can not say i am buying into the hype , but i am welcoming me being proved wrong. I do not think it will be long until new eco bucket steel wads are available. but i still think the most viable options  will come from, the Scandinavian wad producers, but again i am up for being proved wrong.

Sceptical ? gamebore.?.  I will say i am , on both counts.