Gamebore new wads

More killing power!!! Ehh how?

Better gas seal does not meal more killing power. The utter tosh these companies spout. Are they now telling us they been selling us **** for years. Bit like washing powder adverts.

Does a few FPS extra kill better ? No dead is dead, patterns kill not a fast pellet.

Al manufacturers have had this non toxic bio tech up their sleeves for decades, only now they're having to bring it out the cupboard.

The craziest cheapest cart still kills. Let's see how much they want for some of the quad wad wonder carts. 

Edited by figgy

1 hour ago, figgy said:

More killing power!!! Ehh how?

Better gas seal does not meal more killing power. The utter tosh these companies spout. Are they now telling us they been selling us **** for years. Bit like washing powder adverts.

Does a few FPS extra kill better ? No dead is dead, patterns kill not a fast pellet.

Al manufacturers have had this non toxic bio tech up their sleeves for decades, only now they're having to bring it out the cupboard.

The craziest cheapest cart still kills. Let's see how much they want for some of the quad wad wonder carts. 

I am not buying the hype either. Will see for our selves soon enough , exactly what Gamebore have to offer or don’t have to offer whichever the case may be.

3 minutes ago, mudpatten said:

I`m slightly confused by this. Was it not Gamebore who, when the BASC/lead thing blew up recently, that stated that they did not have the product or capacity to help with any transition. Or have I got hold of the wrong end of this particular stick.

Exactly, as per my post they could not possibly do that until we have bought loads of lead based super wad carts so that they can recoup their investment.

The more I think about what you say, the more it seems likely.

Heaven forfend then, that when BASC launched it`s transition to steel campaign, (Be that misguided or otherwise) could it be that some of the cartridge makers could have been being slightly disengenious about exactly what they knew about it?

Surely not? We all know that BASC are inveterate liars and all cartridge manufacturers are paragons of virtue.

2 hours ago, mudpatten said:

I`m slightly confused by this. Was it not Gamebore who, when the BASC/lead thing blew up recently, that stated that they did not have the product or capacity to help with any transition. Or have I got hold of the wrong end of this particular stick.

You may have the wrong end of the stick.

This development is clearly targeted at lead game shooters who believe fibre wads are inferior.

It does not have a direct link to being able to move away from lead, and does not in any way facilitate the transition from lead.

The material could well be their starting point for a ‘biowad’ that could contain steel though.

Starting point,. They have it already, no different to a plaswad only different polymer to make it.

About as bloody hard  as changing a recipe to gluten free for food production.

A new obturator isn't going to convince the high bird boys to swap. They want to shot cup to hold better patterns. The standard game shot will probably already use fiber wad carts.

I'm sure the manufacturers could make a 100% bio degradable case, gamebore had a plastic cart with plastic base. This could be done in the new bio polymer with a thin resin coating to stop them going soft in boxes or pockets.

25 minutes ago, figgy said:

A new obturator isn't going to convince the high bird boys to swap.

A lot of the high bird shoots now stipulate fibre only.

Gamebore are in my mind looking to take sales away from the Hull High Pheasant Extreme fibre offer … which is a good cartridge.

I think Gamebore and no doubt others will already have at least the dies made to produce the  Hard Non lead wads . I am no plastics expert but why would this bio degradable material not work in any other wad dies?

Would RSI sam 1s for example be made in an identical bio Form. ?

would this material be just as strong as a polymer? Or if not would the dies need to be modified to have  thicker construction perhaps. ?

Lots of  "IFs"! I agree, but if it were your business which in the case of these cartridge and wad companies it is "their business" they will know all ready what they need.

B&P are very green and Make the best components at practical money, in my view they are in front of Maxam group on inovation. and Why may companies like RC and gamebore etc use theit wads and powders in their ammo .

It could be these wads are bought in is their anything similar from B&P . I do not trust Gamebore, And do not forgett their game cartridges use B&P  powders their steel ammo uses B&P wads, We hear about the injection moulding machines, they could well exist. But they might not too.

The gamebore video does not claim that they are biodegradable just environmentally friendly, so not harmful to the environment. But could still be in the environment for many years. Really need gamebore to say more as biodegradable and environmentally friendly are not necessarily the same.

6 hours ago, Smokersmith said:

A lot of the high bird shoots now stipulate fibre only.

Gamebore are in my mind looking to take sales away from the Hull High Pheasant Extreme fibre offer … which is a good cartridge.

As long as it’s not plastic and it’s biodegradable don’t think thay would mind .Also Gamebore could not add £10 per 1000 for wool wads.As already been said  why dont they use the old Bio wad..?

unable to put wool wads in at a extra£10 per 1000

7 hours ago, figgy said:

Starting point,. They have it already, no different to a plaswad only different polymer to make it.

About as bloody hard  as changing a recipe to gluten free for food production.

Yes ... in some cases with food it is bloody hard.

If there were no hurdles on the wads, why the hell aren’t they all doing it? 

I completely agree with your earlier comment that dead is dead.

Edited by Smokersmith

Somersmith, Because all the supply contracts for plastic beads is in place the machines are set up to run at X amount per hour. Why change if you don't have to. All the powder charges and recipes are all sorted they just stay with what works. 

The r&d department wi have lots of stuff in a book ready to go if and when needed.

4 hours ago, rbrowning2 said:

The gamebore video does not claim that they are biodegradable just environmentally friendly, so not harmful to the environment. But could still be in the environment for many years. Really need gamebore to say more as biodegradable and environmentally friendly are not necessarily the same.

Not an aspect i had considered their being  non degradable:hmm:.

I suppose the fact they are environmentally friendly, must mean at least they are not harmful to livestock.  It could be Enough for some estates at least. As you say we need more detail.

15 minutes ago, figgy said:

Somersmith, Because all the supply contracts for plastic beads is in place the machines are set up to run at X amount per hour. Why change if you don't have to. All the powder charges and recipes are all sorted they just stay with what works. 

The r&d department wi have lots of stuff in a book ready to go if and when needed.

Products have life cycles, and they develop new shells to win more market share.

Black Gold was a huge success... why did they launch Dark Storm ... why did they launch the quad wad?

Their high end game shells will be value based costed .. so line speeds are irrelevant.

Eley have stolen a march on their opposition, and if they had products lined up ready to go, they would.

Remember their reaction at the announcement ... none of them came out saying “don’t worry boys, we’ve got it covered”.

Edited by Smokersmith

The Chargot bio wads stopped around 15 years ago or more , they were a 32g 6 and the landowner didn’t like them taking years to decompose. 

I don't see what is wrong with a good fibre one but if these new obturator disks don’t decompose fast and perform well then what’s not to like I guess.

On the coast line of england we find a fair few wads, who knows where they are from but judging by the state some have been in the water for a long time.