Lord Geordie

hawkeye

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Okay Gentlemen we have the Moderators blessing to do something for Martin and Chris.

Hawkeye will speak to Jackie and we will see what we can do.

Great - but is it possible to do something that doesn't involve paying for the service - like "Just Giving" do (others may be available)?

19 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If it comes to it I will accept and log payments to an account and then send the money raised onwards.

Waiting on getting clearance from Martins family.

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

If it comes to it I will accept and log payments to an account and then send the money raised onwards.

Waiting on getting clearance from Martins family.

We have done a pool before through PayPal,  not sure how it works, I think you set up similar to your own account and people can then pay in after requesting the address. 

Well the good news i have spoken to Jackie today we had a long chat, she has seen martin and he is trying to speak the odd word and has started to lift his right arm

the hospital could be moving him in the near future to a recovery home. Chris is getting on OK she is doing his shopping for him and she thinks the sisters are doing bits as well.

Asked her about a collection she said Martin would be against it and she was worried that anything he gets the social services would take it from him..

And as for giving it to Chris he would just spend it as he has no real savvy about money, she said knowing Martin he would just give anything to a charity i personally think it could be a good idea,  worry about what he says when he is up and about. Jackie seems to think there could be a big change in him in a few months he seem so determined so fingers crossed she is still having difficulty visiting due to the sisters so she calls him on FaceTime on the mobile..

Im all for the collection but i don't have time to sort things out myself...

Nothing stopping any ‘collection’ being used to fund something to ease his recovery? 
The system sucks when people are worrying over receiving money that may or may not, exempt them for the Government assistance that they currently receive!

2 hours ago, Mice! said:

Pretty sure a gift wouldn't affect any social payments,  plus how would they know?

a while ago i believe he was putting together some money for a 3D printer for chris.............??...i think if he knew folk were collecting moiney for him ...it would stress him out.......................what about an I-Pad so at least we can abuse him on Pigeonwatch and make him smile...

Edited by ditchman

12 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Open to all suggestions, I know he would say no, so we will have to be gentle with him.

iPad pro 256gb from John Lewis (in stock in Peterborough store TC 👍- so extra guarantee)?

Colonel Sir Lord Tom got £40m for the  NHS so I'm sure we can get to a grand?

Edited by Eyefor

7 minutes ago, loriusgarrulus said:

What is he likely to need when he gets out of hospital.

Are you wanting to get him a nice to have present or maybe something to help him if he is left with a problem from the stroke.

Perhaps Hawkeye could discuss it with Jackie and get a bit feedback. 

Dave 

Fwiw I understand that NHS workers (those with NHS email address for ID purposes) can get a good discount on Apple products. Might you have contact with someone eligible who can assist? 

there may be other sectors who also qualify for a discount 

best 

Phil

6 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Good morning Gentlemen

I have just checked and so far we have raised over £300.

Please PM me if you would like to donate to the fund for Martin and Chris.

THANK YOU

well that is none too shabby for a bunch of reckless pigeonshooters.............:good: