CaptC

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A wonderful image!

Good luck with the Beretta project if you do go for them.:good:

Yes, it's not an image that easily comes to mind but it does help social distancing except for the very curious!

I have PM'd you

Just now, enfieldspares said:

I'd reckon stored in a gunslip and possibly either deceased estate or from a police property store being sold by the lawful executors of said estate.

Too many? All with damaged stocks? Some are like the proverbial anchor!

6 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i see now, some are quite rusty on barrels, you may get the rust off but could leave some serious pitting, they are sold as working shotguns so the internal bores should be ok,  

do you have a link to the page?

5 minutes ago, CaptC said:

Ok found it now thanks, like you say its odd that all the rusty ones are Beretta and all on the first page, nothing rusty on the other pages that I could see.

most of the rust seems to-be on the outside of the barrels, almost like water splash marks left to go rusty.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

Ok found it now thanks, like you say its odd that all the rusty ones are Beretta and all on the first page, nothing rusty on the other pages that I could see.

most of the rust seems to-be on the outside of the barrels, almost like water splash marks left to go rusty.

Salt water is my thought but why are all the stocks damaged? Most have the same damage as well?

12 minutes ago, CaptC said:

Salt water is my thought but why are all the stocks damaged? Most have the same damage as well?

Yep, it does sound odd, wonder if they are from a building/gunshop fire, stocks could have got damaged being raked out after the fire, I wonder if Holts know how they got damaged?

1 hour ago, old'un said:

Yep, it does sound odd, wonder if they are from a building/gunshop fire, stocks could have got damaged being raked out after the fire, I wonder if Holts know how they got damaged?

The pictures appear to me to show dark "stains" on the stocks possibly as old'un suggested.