Holts Sealed Bid - Rusty Beretta's?

CaptC

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Have you sent a carrier pigeon with your request?

No - it died of boredom! I'm slowly giving up and for the money that one would have to pay (including delivery as it would be an 800 mile round trip) it's never worth it - Hundreds of good guns out there which do not need a week soaked in rust remover!

3 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, at this present time lot 5415 would only be of interest,

?? 5415 is a Baikal single barrel £20 job

54 minutes ago, Feltwad said:

Still waiting for payment on a gun sold for me  in  the last main sale in March.

Feltwad

Have you called or emailed them? I have always found them to be most helpful in all matters so quite surprised you have had to wait so long

24 minutes ago, impala59 said:

Have you called or emailed them? I have always found them to be most helpful in all matters so quite surprised you have had to wait so long

hello, thats the one, was looking at putting a hush power mod on one, theres the same gun for sale near me so i might check that out 

4 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

Thanks for that, not sure how I missed it. It's nice but I'm not sure it would scratch that exposed hammer itch. 

The 1897 is fun but feels crude compared to the model 12. 

Plenty of cheap steel here. I've never had a Remington 1100 but it was the first gun I had a clay shooting lesson with some 30 years ago. These old steel receiver guns look very cheap! 

12 minutes ago, theshootist said:

The 1897 is fun but feels crude compared to the model 12. 

Plenty of cheap steel here. I've never had a Remington 1100 but it was the first gun I had a clay shooting lesson with some 30 years ago. These old steel receiver guns look very cheap! 

I missed one a while back that was on gunstar or guntrader, emailed you he bloke but never heard anything back and then next time I checked it was gone. 

I do like a bit of simple but well done engineering. Got a few feelers out but I'm not holding my breath. Was going to treat myself to a nice SxS for my 30th but think I'm going to put the money to the 97 instead.

3 hours ago, impala59 said:

Have been in touch reason they are still waiting for payment 

Feltwad

19 hours ago, Farmboy91 said:

I missed one a while back that was on gunstar or guntrader, emailed you he bloke but never heard anything back and then next time I checked it was gone. 

I do like a bit of simple but well done engineering. Got a few feelers out but I'm not holding my breath. Was going to treat myself to a nice SxS for my 30th but think I'm going to put the money to the 97 instead.

Its just a matter of time before the right gun turns up.. patience is the key. 

I love going though the Holts auctions. So many crazy designs. Why is it that I find that 16 bore Darne so desirable?!

1 hour ago, theshootist said:

Its just a matter of time before the right gun turns up.. patience is the key. 

I love going though the Holts auctions. So many crazy designs. Why is it that I find that 16 bore Darne so desirable?!

Im hoping to have my FAC sorted by then so if a sec1 comes up it's not a problem. No massive rush to get one, like you said, the right gun 👌

I do too, normally through the cartridges first then the single barreled guns. Great way to spend and afternoon 😂

On 18/05/2020 at 11:36, CaptC said:

As we say here "Zackly!"

…. or as we say in Norfolk 'Presactly' - to be more precise! :D

Considering the opening question,  my advice would be that if the gun concerned was free and if Holts offered to deliver it to you for nothing - I'd politely decline the generosity! 

The rusty guns are apparently from a dealer whose premises  was flooded. I’d not touch one unless it was £200 otherwise by the time you’ve re blacked it (£200) , had it stripped and cleaned (£175) and the wood sorted (£150) 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 not that far off a minty new one .

1 hour ago, FGS said:

The rusty guns are apparently from a dealer whose premises  was flooded. I’d not touch one unless it was £200 otherwise by the time you’ve re blacked it (£200) , had it stripped and cleaned (£175) and the wood sorted (£150) 𝙔𝙤𝙪𝙧 not that far off a minty new one .

I think we established that some time ago in the thread!:rolleyes: