Holy Island / Lindisfarne

wildfowler.250

Has anyone on here shot or is a member of a club at Lindisfarne? I’m hopefully passing down later in the year,(may be more towards Dec/Jan) and was quite keen to try and get a ticket for a day as it’s a fairly iconic spot. What’s the wildfowling like,(is it mostly mud flats)? I do like geese but prefer a duck flight out of the two. I think it gets decent numbers of wigeon?

Figured it’s one of these places I have to visit at some point and if anyone has any info that would be great,(and also anything interesting close by).

Hope everyone is keeping well!

Cheers! 

36 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

This is copied from basc wildfowling permit scheme.

Screenshot_20200517-183159.jpg

Thanks bud! Had a good look through that previously which was partly what got me interested. Surprised how quiet the replies are given it’s such a well known place and a big catchment area. Not sure if the wildfowling section is dead until September or people who do go there don’t want to encourage visitors 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, wildfowler.250 said:

Thanks bud! Had a good look through that previously which was partly what got me interested. Surprised how quiet the replies are given it’s such a well known place and a big catchment area. Not sure if the wildfowling section is dead until September or people who do go there don’t want to encourage visitors 🤷‍♂️

I think a lot of clubs have rules about not using social media to mention their marshes so that might have something to do with it 👍

22 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

I think a lot of clubs have rules about not using social media to mention their marshes so that might have something to do with it 👍

Possibly! Bit of trawling through the usual Facebook pages has pulled up one or two things. Seems to be mainly wigeon by the looks of things. Thanks for the help!

22 hours ago, grahamch said:

Check newcastle fowlers website

Thanks bud, will do!