Snapped firing pin sxs

Sean stoke

Hello 

Sorry to bother you alI  I have a spanish side by side 12g shotgun . It's quite old and I cant find a make . When I am out in the field it miss fires a lot on the right hand barrel, so I sent it off to the shop who I brought it off as it was a snapped pin , since being back out with it the issue was still happening . So today I have looked at the pins my self and he hasn't changed it at all as the pin is snapped still on the right as before . 

Can you help me out on how measure it so I could buy a replacement. Or has any one seen one like this before .

Thank for your time 

Sean

IMG-20200515-WA0003.jpeg

most decent gunsmiths will make 2 new pins for the gun..........at a reasonable cost......my old spanish aya #2 both the pins snapped and i took it into my smith and he said he preferred to make his own as he belived the aya pins were to hard and brittle...................

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

most decent gunsmiths will make 2 new pins for the gun..........at a reasonable cost......my old spanish aya #2 both the pins snapped and i took it into my smith and he said he preferred to make his own as he belived the aya pins were to hard and brittle...................

Thanks for the Reply mate , are they expensive ? The guns only worth about £400 so I dont no weather just get rid of it .

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

Try and get a local engineer or someone with a lathe who understands different steels to make you one. Ten min job to the right man. Use silver steel, harden it and then polish up and temper until purple. I made dozens, it won’t break again.

hello, could you not make him a new pin ?

Just now, London Best said:

Unfortunately I am now fully retired and have no access to anything engineering wise. Otherwise I would have made and posted him one/some foc.

hello, ok that would have been a kind offer, i am much the same, miss my old workshop,  

1 minute ago, Sean stoke said:

Thanks for trying much appreciated Mate.

hello, Sean, do you not know anyone with a Lathe, ?

19 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ok that would have been a kind offer, i am much the same, miss my old workshop,  

hello, Sean, do you not know anyone with a Lathe, ?

No mate that's where I am struggling I will just have to go a gun Smith's as I didn't no they could make them I thought  you had to buy them ready made .

Edited by Sean stoke

58 minutes ago, Sean stoke said:

No mate that's where I am struggling I will just have to go a gun Smith's as I didn't no they could make them I thought  you had to buy them ready made .

Just make sure you know the difference between a gunsmith and a gun dealer ( shop that sells guns)

27 minutes ago, London Best said:

Just make sure you know the difference between a gunsmith and a gun dealer ( shop that sells guns)

Yes mate I do the reason I took it back to the gun dealer was because he said he uses a gunsmith who repairs some of the second hand guns he sells but obviously in my case it didn't work out too well .

16 minutes ago, Sean stoke said:

Yes mate I do the reason I took it back to the gun dealer was because he said he uses a gunsmith who repairs some of the second hand guns he sells but obviously in my case it didn't work out too well .

hello, i had the same thing with a gun shop/ gunsmith took a rifle in to get fixed, came back even worse, never went back there again, why not first send a photo of pin to pete dyson just to see if anything same in his stock, 

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, i had the same thing with a gun shop/ gunsmith took a rifle in to get fixed, came back even worse, never went back there again, why not first send a photo of pin to pete dyson just to see if anything same in his stock, 

With dimensions!

8 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I have been on the website today and emailed them as some one mentioned him on recent posts so I will wait for a reply cheers .

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ok that sounds like a good start, if you do send the broken pin its worth getting signed for post,

Yes I will do to be on the safe side , if I dont get a reply I will wait till after lockdown at a local gunsmiths . I have found online a site what sells firing pins and the screw it looks similar so I have messaged them also .

Yes I will do to be on the safe side , if I dont get a reply I will wait till after lockdown at a local gunsmiths . I have found online a site what sells firing pins and the screw it looks similar so I have messaged them also .

Screenshot_20200517-134607_Chrome.jpg

hello, well done, what is the name of that online site ?

3 hours ago, Sean stoke said:

Hello 

Sorry to bother you alI  I have a spanish side by side 12g shotgun . It's quite old and I cant find a make . When I am out in the field it miss fires a lot on the right hand barrel, so I sent it off to the shop who I brought it off as it was a snapped pin , since being back out with it the issue was still happening . So today I have looked at the pins my self and he hasn't changed it at all as the pin is snapped still on the right as before . 

Can you help me out on how measure it so I could buy a replacement. Or has any one seen one like this before .

Thank for your time 

Sean

IMG-20200515-WA0003.jpeg

I hope you told him you want your money back?