New Brexit Thread

Vince Green

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Thats very difficult to do when there are still factions trying to scupper it .

Nobody ever pretended it would be easy, except Boris 😛

Pretty certain it was Barnier that made it a condition, knowing full well it would be badly received , his failure to land the blow is the shape of things to come, I hope.

I hope so too.

Ed Davey still doing his bit

Latest news on the European Union Withdrawal (Implementation Period) Bill 2019-21

The next stage for this Bill, Second reading, is scheduled to take place on Friday 12 June 2020.

This is a Private Members' Bill and was presented to Parliament on Wednesday 20 May 2020.

If the text of the Bill is not yet available, please contact its sponsor, Sir Edward Davey MP, for more information.

Summary of the European Union Withdrawal (Implementation Period) Bill 2019-21

A Bill to require Her Majesty’s Government to seek a two-year extension of the implementation period under Article 132 of the Withdrawal Agreement; to repeal the prohibition on agreeing to such an extension under section 33 of the European Union (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020; and for connected purposes.

They said if we didn't adopt the Euro, we'd lose Nissan.

They said if we voted Leave, we'd lose Nissan.

They said with a 'hard' Brexit, we'd lose Nissan.

Funny what Nissan have just announced regarding their Barcelona and Sunderland plants! 

3 minutes ago, AVB said:

They said if we didn't adopt the Euro, we'd lose Nissan.

They said if we voted Leave, we'd lose Nissan.

They said with a 'hard' Brexit, we'd lose Nissan.

Funny what Nissan have just announced regarding their Barcelona and Sunderland plants! 

I haven’t seen the news for some time; what has Nissan just announced? 

I read Sir Ed Davey, the interim Lib Dem leader has introduced a private members bill into parliament, to try and sneak through a two year delay on Brexit!
I imagine it will attract support from the other small, irrelevant political party’s in Westminster........but will still sink without trace!

Another nail in the Lib Dem coffin!........I fervently hope!

20 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I read Sir Ed Davey, the interim Lib Dem leader has introduced a private members bill into parliament, to try and sneak through a two year delay on Brexit!
I imagine it will attract support from the other small, irrelevant political party’s in Westminster........but will still sink without trace!

Not much space left!

3 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Agenda for the upcoming round of negotiations. A lot to discuss and not much time, it seems to me.

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/20200528_-_round_4_agenda_final.pdf

Dates. https://www.shoosmiths.co.uk/-/media/files/brexit-timetable-a4-0120.pdf

Soooooooooooooooo Thy have already lost 20% of the time available by missing Monday out!!!!!!!!!!!!  

18 hours ago, panoma1 said:

Plotting in secret with a foreign power to overturn the legally elected Government's ability to negotiate the best deal for us is pretty low even by Lib Dem standards.. They were hoping Boris was going to die or at least be too ill to defend it. 

16 hours ago, Vince Green said:

This is why we have to be out of the EU as quickly as possible

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1288709/BBC-Katya-Adler-Brussels-European-Union-Brexit-coronavirus-fund-latest

When the pro remain BBC start reporting in this way you have to believe the EU really is in trouble

Looks like Germany and France are accepting this move so all the rest will pull into line ,like the good little puppets they are.

https://www.ft.com/content/63450adc-a025-11ea-b65d-489c67b0d85d

This. And for Johnson it's only ever now about protecting his ERG financier cronies. Also Joihnson is breaking his word as to what the UK Government has previously agreed with the EU. And note too how, now, chlorinated chicke and over antibiotic dosing of beef has been swept away by Gove.

Have no doubt the Tories WILL throw everyone else under the bus. Some with pleasure others with reluctance but if anyone thought that ERG support for Brexit was about anything other than protecting offshore funds from proposed alignment with domestic EU nation tax rules they are living in cuckoo land. Any benefits to the rest of us from Brexit are not what motivated those wealthy funders who backed "Leave"...it's all about Dyson wanting to avoid tariffs on far East vacuums, Rees-Mogg about offshore funds, the Wetherspoon's man about denial of workers' rights, Mike Ashley of Newcastle United the same with his "sweat shop" warehouse in the Midlands. 

The Romans asked "cui bono". Who benefits? Any benefit to you, thee, me will be secondary to the benefits to the slimy fat cats above. And overall those benefits to THEM will be...loss of tax revenue so we Income Tax and VAT payers make up the shortfall...less workplace rights....at OUR direct cost.

Edited by enfieldspares