noisy planes

dodgy dave

1 minute ago, dodgy dave said:

why is it on a clear day like to day i get noisy planes come over my house about a mile high and blare down on me ,noisy devils put my hens off lay, does anybody else have have to put up with that.  

Lovely to hear the Air Force getting out and about!

3 hours ago, DUNKS said:

The RAF are having a "look in" at all the local airports now it's quiet of traffic . We had a right mobster doing touch and go at East mid last week.

Just had the same here at Blackpool.

Hercules size,Very impressive.

Happy memories as a child spending holidays at my grandparents  20 miles from Lakenheath. Rushing out to look up (and you normally didn't have to look too far up) to see the fast jets. A joy to watch, though I appreciate it might be different to live there.

I now live near an area used for low level stuff by the RNAS helicopter lot. Now that drone is annoying

2 minutes ago, countryman said:

They train helicopter pilots near me, some of the chinooks that come over are just above the trees, I like to see them, it’s when it’s late at night and you are awaken by a low flyer, I bet they are laughing there socks off in there.

We used to set down in the fields in Hampshire when I was buzzing around in Chinooks!

It might be noise...but at least we know that the RAF, ...OUR RAF, are there protecting us, 365/ 24/ 7.   A funny, true story regarding planes AND shooting.  I was out doing my 'training' with our pest control club and being monitored by my friend Norman.  Every new member has to do a certain number of different disciplines, ie, decoying, rabbits, ducks, clays, etc.  This day I was decoying pigeons at a farm in North Yorkshire.  Norman said to me that he would watch for the birds coming in and give me the direction using the 'clock' method, ie, pigeon at 3 o clock.  This worked ok for a few birds...then Norman said 'pigeon at 10 o clock'.  I looked to my left and noticed a very slow 'pigeon' creeping towards us...and it got bigger and bigger...until I realised that it wasn't a pigeon at all.....but a C130 Hercules!  ***!!!  Norman...you really need to go to SpecSavers ASAP!  

Grew up two fields away from the end of the runway when the Vulcans were king, we would cycle up the road as kids and peddle like mad between the flashing road lights when they gave it big licks to take off and get blown off into the hedge bottom......

now live in the flight line of the Typhoons, not as noisey as the Vulcans and the roar doesn't last as long. They don't bother me as you get used to them.....yet the old girl 3 doors away whinges about my Harley warming up

17 hours ago, Medic1281 said:

We get a lot of the helicopters here from RAF Shawbury, but we’ve also got the local parachute club virtually next door to our farm. Now they are noisy!! The whine of that engine and prop, enough to drive you mad! 

And the whine of the gliders when they come over is surprisingly loud despite not having an engine. 

On 18/05/2020 at 11:30, dodgy dave said:

why is it on a clear day like to day i get noisy planes come over my house about a mile high and blare down on me ,noisy devils put my hens off lay, does anybody else have have to put up with that.  

May be because you live near a bombing range.

I get them over me sometimes.