PR900W "Floating" stock?

Demonic69

Hi All

Just got my first PCP, an SMK PR900W. Had a plink with it at the weekend and very happy with its performance so far. One thing I noticed is that the whole thing floats in the stock. With the screws reasonably tight there's a little movement of the action. I can't imagine this affecting accuracy as the scope is attached to the action, so that should all line up. Just wondered if this was normal?

Cheers

Do you mean if you wiggle the barrel, the action moves in relation to the stock?

If so, I don’t think that can be right unless the action is rubber mounted in the stock but I’ve not heard of that. Then again, I don’t know your rifle at all. Can you try another example at the shop or another owner?

15 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

When screwed down there's still a little movement between the action and the stock

hello, ok get some white chalk and rub inside stock then replace action to see where it touches the wood as there maybe a lump or bump, once you sort that it should ok, 

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, ok get some white chalk and rub inside stock then replace action to see where it touches the wood as there maybe a lump or bump, once you sort that it should ok, 

Good thinking, I'll give it a go. Cheers!

9 hours ago, sportsbob said:

The screws are probably too long and bottoming out in the threads leaving the stock loose, try removing one of the fixing screws and putting a thin washer underneath it before putting it back in.

That was my thinking too Bob. I'll try some washers and see how it goes. Being new to air rifles, I just wanted to check it wasn't normal :D

Cheers

They shoot above there price that`s for sure, some of the barrels could do with opening a little at the the breech to assist with pellet feed but to be fair most people with modest Dremel skills can do this.  You can pay twice as much and still have actions loose in stocks so its no big deal it just means the person who machined the stock took a fraction more out than would have been ideal.