Towers of Rochdale

Anyone used the above RFD? 

I spoke to them earlier about a 308 rifle they are selling I want to potentially buy... they said they can’t offered a massive guarantee obviously but they do guarantee it will work and shoot straight. 

As it’s so far away I said my only concern was it shoots ok, they said they wouldn’t sell it if not as they have a reputation to uphold. 

They sounded pretty good over the phone to be fair. 

I think 308 stalking rifles are pretty hard to mess up so should be ok for stalking accuracy. 

Just wondered if anyone has any experience with them? 

I've bought a few shotguns and rifles from them, never had a problem aside from a shotgun being S2 when they thought it was S1. He'd test fired it, but not tested the magazine - which had an extension just for looks - and it came in from the police after a seizure as S1! He offered to take it back no problem and I bought its replacement from him a few weeks later which functioned perfectly shooting PSG for 6 months until I upgraded.

Thanks lads, they said I shouldn’t have any issues and they are happy to refund if the rifle doesn’t work. 

A good member off here who happens to be a competent smith who was advising me has offered to take receipt of it as my RFD is closed for the time being, and also check it over and make sure it shoots straight. 

I will then drive down and pick it up off him. 

I will speak to Towers tomorrow and make sure they are happy to confirm over email that if the rifle is knackered they will accept it back, although I doubt that on a 308 hunting rifle.