Fiocchi semi magnum 42g

Yes.

1) They are NOT for use in standard English 2 3/4" or standard continental 70mm chambered shotguns. They are MAGNUM LOADS for 2 3/4" Magnum proof guns or can be used in old English standard non-magnum 3" chambered guns if that gun is proof marked for 1 1/2 ounces shot loading.

2) For AFAIR these are, these 2 3/4" Semi Magnum, the equivalent of the OLD non-magnum English 3" load. Again I cannot over stress that these are the equivalent AFAIR of the old non-Magnum English 3" load.

So to repeat:

They are NOT an attempt (mimicking the old Eley Maximum) but in a 2 3/4" chamber length of giving the performance of "the next load up" but in the same pressure figures as the a gun chambered in that cartridge length standard load. They are for 2 3/4" Magnum proofed guns except as noted.

So if you've an old English standard 3" gun then these are what it would use nowadays as, of course, nobody loads these standard non-magnum 3" loads any longer. And indeed anyone with an old English standard non-magnum 3" chambered gun would delight to have them.

At one time there was, yes, an English 2 3/4" Magnum proof and proof stamping.

Hope it helps.

Edited by enfieldspares

They are amazing I use them all the time on geese 

1 hour ago, Centrepin said:

Has anyone used these and why?

Opinions please, they came as part of a deal and I'm not sure I will use them. 

20200518_141724.jpg

IMG-20200518-WA0005.jpeg

I think they are no 2 shot

I thought the only came in BB or 3s 

I thought they were 2s as its marked on the case, it doesn't say on the box. I suppose short of cutting one open I'll never know.

They came as part of a deal with some other mixed carts of 28gram, 30gram, - some with no markings at all and some that say Diana 30. The guys licence expires in June and he wanted rid of lots of gun related stuff and mixed fishing stuff to keep his wife happy. 

Most of it old, outdated, or simply requiring TLC.

If fired they will go through a Miroku MK38 Sporter or a Hatsan supreme max semi.

Thanks for the replies 👍

20200518_201211.jpg

2 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

I thought they were 2s as its marked on the case, it doesn't say on the box. I suppose short of cutting one open I'll never know.

They came as part of a deal with some other mixed carts of 28gram, 30gram, - some with no markings at all and some that say Diana 30. The guys licence expires in June and he wanted rid of lots of gun related stuff and mixed fishing stuff to keep his wife happy. 

Most of it old, outdated, or simply requiring TLC.

If fired they will go through a Miroku MK38 Sporter or a Hatsan supreme max semi.

Thanks for the replies 👍

20200518_201211.jpg

Was there any paper cased in there? 

Just now, Farmboy91 said:

Was there any paper cased in there? 

No only plastic. He sold the paper cases to a dealer for £5.00, was told that's all they're worth🙄 

Lovely 16m fishing pole plus extension missing its top sections, make a brilliant lofting pole

19 minutes ago, Centrepin said:

No only plastic. He sold the paper cases to a dealer for £5.00, was told that's all they're worth🙄 

Lovely 16m fishing pole plus extension missing its top sections, make a brilliant lofting pole

Hmm, it's normally that or the complete opposite and an old box of grand prix's are worth a small fortune 😂

Result that you got some good gear though 👍

11 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

That'll be interesting. If it is a standard Miroku with a standard 70mm chamber it'll be proofed for 850 bar. Fiocchi 2 3/4" Semi-Magnum are 920 bar.

10 hours ago, White Rabbit said:

Most modern 70mm Miroku's are proofed to 1370 bar from memory. Way in excess of what's required.

WR.

I'll check before I even leave the house, I've no intention of damaging my pride and joy.  Thanks for the heads up.

32 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

The design doesn't seem to have changed much … makes you wonder where they got the additional strength from … ?

I know mine is proofed for super steel and as its relatively new I guess they just up the ratings.

Bit like when I bought a caravan and its was plated for carrying X and I wanted more so for a little more cash they supplied a new upgraded weight plate to carry X+.😉

• 1 month later...