Oak Tree Issue

walshie

We have a few oak trees about. The biggest one (30ft plus) is fine and looking good. The smaller ones which are either saplings planted a few years back or part of a hedge aren't looking so good. The leaves are black and curled.

They were alright earlier in the year. but this has happened recently, so not sure if it's because of the lack of rain, some heavy frosts we've had recently, or some kind of oak disease as all the other trees are ok.

As always, any help much appreciated. 

20200518_195621.jpg.d1c8498740eee9862d946457965776fb.jpg

20200518_195628.jpg.dc70d375b2dc854b007c4a499acbaf41.jpg

First off I would also say frost damage.  Fortunately we live above the frost pocket on top of a hill but those last few nights..well early mornings to be precise certainly reached up here as well and seriously nipped all of my dahlias and also some young tree shoots. Amazingly those just outside that sharp easterly wind we had didn't get effected. 

Yeh, looks like frost, as some of my potatoes have exactly the same look on the leaves.  The weather at the moment is all over the place, warm one day, hailstones the next!  Nothing us mere mortals can do except perhaps cover what plants we can cover.  It's just Mother Nature letting us know that us humans are mere 'nothings' who can't control planet Earth!