Tablet (not Aspirin!)

steve_b_wales

I have a Lenovo Tab10 tablet, which for some reason, the battery drains quickly, even when switched off. It's a few years old, so obviously out of warranty. I've tried to purchase a new battery for it without success. I'm now looking to purchase a new tablet, up to £200 and welcome recommendations. I have looked at the Huawei Mediapad T5 which seems good value (around £170) It will be used for playing games and internet use.

1 hour ago, steve_b_wales said:

I have a Lenovo Tab10 tablet, which for some reason, the battery drains quickly, even when switched off. It's a few years old, so obviously out of warranty. I've tried to purchase a new battery for it without success. I'm now looking to purchase a new tablet, up to £200 and welcome recommendations. I have looked at the Huawei Mediapad T5 which seems good value (around £170) It will be used for playing games and internet use.

As much as im a fan boy of huawei, the media pad doesnt keep up with the samsungs. I had a media pad on a contract deal, my dad has it now. 

Hi there

I have used the Samsung Tab A and have just upgraded to the latest version with Vodafone on a sim card.

TBH i have found it very good and utterly reliable. i have bought an via amazon a blue tooth keyboard and case for it. really cheap small laptop with great portability

atb

Phil 

The challenge with the excellent Samsung tablets is cost - they are expensive. most use the stunning OLED displays and the ramps the cost up. If you have another Lenovo. say the Tab m10 FHD then it has an IPS display (1920x1200) and is £200.     The only downside of buying a Lenovo tablet in UK, direct from Lenovo is Digital River - they are the reseller and customer service is virtually non-existent. 

2 hours ago, gdadphil said:

i have bought an via amazon a blue tooth keyboard and case for it. really cheap small laptop with great portability

atb

Phil 

Yep, same here, that way I could work on the train without taking up all the table space, it also sat well on seat back trays too