Wet shave.

samboy

Hi gang.

Just had my 2nd wet shave in about 25 years. I've either got stubble or a beard. Must admit my face feels good and makes me look 90 years younger.

Just lazyness really. Might do it again next week.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never done anything else but wet shave with a safety razor in all my sixty-two years on this earth. Don't bother with shaving cream. Just wet the face or if you have it use clean soapy water. Never owned an electric razor ever. And when there's no water I've just shaved dry. Which as long as the razor's blade is new isn't at all as bad as it sounds it should be. Although you do wince a bit when doing the top lip.

Edited by enfieldspares

7 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

That's true. My two Nigerian girls that lived with me when I lived in Paris from 2002 to 2006 used to "borrow" my razors for their own uses. You could always tell when they had despite their denials!

why did you get a stiff neck :rolleyes:

48 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Just had my 2nd wet shave in about 25 years. I've either got stubble or a beard. Must admit my face feels good and makes me look 90 years younger.

Just lazyness really. Might do it again next week.

check out youtube   they teach you the perfect shave !! 

39 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

That's true. My two Nigerian girls that lived with me when I lived in Paris from 2002 to 2006 used to "borrow" my razors for their own uses. You could always tell when they had despite their denials!

Care to expand on that?

14 minutes ago, samboy said:

A cheap yellow Bic and shaving foam.

I hope your joking?

I really don't shave often either, just run the clippers over my head once a week. 

But I do like my Mach3 razor and king of shaves gel.

I once started a job with a few days stubble, they made food processing equipment and had a clean shaven policy,  I thought they were joking until they passed me a disposable yellow bic and shaving foam!! Didn't last long that job.

13 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I hope your joking?

I really don't shave often either, just run the clippers over my head once a week. 

I once started a job with a few days stubble, they made food processing equipment and had a clean shaven policy,  I thought they were joking until they passed me a disposable yellow bic and shaving foam!! Didn't last long that job.

Not joking.

When I was early 20s many years ago.Me and a mate got 2 cut throut razors and strops .Thought we would get a really close shave tried it for about 2 weeks .last time I used it shaving my left side cut myself full length of blade .wasnt deep .back to a safety razer.

28 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I hope your joking?

I’m the same as you . I get through a pack of 4 blades every 6 months . 

35 minutes ago, dipper said:

When I was early 20s many years ago.Me and a mate got 2 cut throut razors and strops .Thought we would get a really close shave tried it for about 2 weeks .last time I used it shaving my left side cut myself full length of blade .wasnt deep .back to a safety razer.

@team tractor don't get a cut throat,  I can just imagine the mess you would make!!

the last time I had a Turkish shave, he used a disposable razor clipped into a cut throat style handle.

Edited by Mice!

25 minutes ago, samboy said:

I did get shaved in a Barbers once. Fantastic experience. 

Shaves in barbers reminds me of beards. Which reminds me of this. I had a haircut, once, Trumper's in London. To pass the time really. It was memorable shall we say. So I'm sat down and the haircut begins.

"Oh Sir," he says, "that's a lovely suit you've got. Lovely lining. What lining is it?"

"Silk," says I. 

"Oh lovely," he says, "That's a nice beard you've got. I used to dream about men with beards."

"Yes," says I "It be shaving so  many of them I suppose."

And fortunately not long after the haircut was done. But if you are ever in London call in at Trumper's. Their "Extract of Lime" Cologne after shave is very nice. haven't used it for forty years but very nice it was. 

Edited by enfieldspares

I've always  wet shaved. Normally a mach III and canned foam. The mrs bought me a cut throat razor for my birthday because apparently I had mentioned I'd like one at some point in the last 25+ years. Not sure if she was hoping it lived up to it's name or not....🤔 I bought a brush and some sandalwood cream and can honestly say, I enjoy shaving as the cream gives you such a clean and fresh feeling when used with the mach III. Only tried the cut throat once and hid it in the depths of the bathroom cupboard. Using one of them is an actual skill if you want to avoid plasters/ A&E/ death....

I’ve always wet shaved, except for a very brief experiment with an electric razor of my Dads which caused a rash. 
I still have and use my dear old Dads badger hair shaving brush, and after a good wash I just lather up with whatever soap we have at the time and go to work. Smooth as the proverbial.