Coleman 533 stove ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

Just got my old duel fuel stove out, hasn't been used for a good few years and i think it needs a new plunger.

But my question is will it run better on Coleman fuel or unleaded petrol ?. Between  £7 and £9 seems a lot of money for the 

Coleman fuel.

Thanks all.

It will run better on coleman fuel as it doesn't have all the extra stuff put in petrol. However, I've run coleman stoves on unleaded petrol with no problems, once they are hot they will run quite happily on it. Try putting some fuel in and maybe even squirting some oil into the pump - you may find that the seal is rejuvenated. 

5 minutes ago, theshootist said:

It will run better on coleman fuel as it doesn't have all the extra stuff put in petrol. However, I've run coleman stoves on unleaded petrol with no problems, once they are hot they will run quite happily on it. Try putting some fuel in and maybe even squirting some oil into the pump - you may find that the seal is rejuvenated. 

Ok will do, will take plunger out tomorrow and have a look.

12 hours ago, figgy said:

I had one of these for a while, great little stoves but a bit of a faf. Ended up buying a smaller gas tin one. Works everytime and clean burning.

Can you take the plunger apart and see if the seal is perished ? 

Took plunger out and cleaned it, seal was ok. Put a very light coating of oil on seal and stem and its working fine now.

Thanks for all input.

Just like the guys said slightly cleaner on Coleman fuel but not worth the extra cost, find mine boils the kettle so much faster if I use one of those little camping stove windbreaks.

Also bought a Nash bag for it last year, protects it a bit when packed up on the bike.

Mick

1 hour ago, powler said:

Just like the guys said slightly cleaner on Coleman fuel but not worth the extra cost, find mine boils the kettle so much faster if I use one of those little camping stove windbreaks.

Also bought a Nash bag for it last year, protects it a bit when packed up on the bike.

Mick

Yep i also treated myself to a Nash bag. Better than the old Plastic thing it came.

35 minutes ago, figgy said:

Oldypidgeonplopper, that's what I now use, quick clean and light.

hello, they are very good figgy, my last one went off to my sons camping weekend,  and never came back???    got a new one in go outdoor sale:good:

Edited by oldypigeonpopper