Wildfowling book

Docleo

42 minutes ago, greylag said:

Kenzie Wildgoose man.Brilliant,never get tired of reading it.

+1

Try two older classics by Bill Powell, My Wild Goose Chase and The Grey Geese Call. I still speak with his son in the village although now an elderly member of our community. Any of BB’s books are classics such as Tides Ending and Dark Estuary

29 minutes ago, motty said:

I must admit, I was expecting a bit more from it. Still well worth a read, though.

At last! I was starting to think I was the only one that wasn’t completely taken with this book.

Arthur Cadman Wildfowling Tales is always my go to book

1 hour ago, Dave at kelton said:

+1

Try two older classics by Bill Powell, My Wild Goose Chase and The Grey Geese Call. I still speak with his son in the village although now an elderly member of our community. Any of BB’s books are classics such as Tides Ending and Dark Estuary

These ^^^^^^^

A Pattern of Wings by Jonathan Young. Available on eBay for under a tenner, a selection of really good short stories by various wildfowling authors, including a few surprises, and some great 'fowling art in good quality plates. Entertaining, inspiring and informative. What's not to like!😁

Good luck in your search,  a good time to buy!

Steve

On 19/05/2020 at 19:41, Docleo said:

What would you recommend as an introduction to wildfowling and/or wildfowling tales? Thanks!

If you’re looking a wildfowling book for being introduced to the sport I bought the mate BASC Guild To wildfowling very informative tides,safety,guns etc but for tales there’s plenty on the net 👍👍👍

9 hours ago, muncher said:

I Think a book I read, it was all articles, Solway sunrise? I think. Very good read ,I've read one of BB Tides ending,and I was not impressed seemed to just ramble on to me.

If you liked solway sunrise , read the new book out Somerset wildfowler, plenty of interesting tales about the solway 🤙