PCP power levels

SpringDon

An epilogue of sorts.

Having been put off buying a daystate, I ended up buying a huntsman simply because it seemed well priced and I liked the look. Every make I looked at had reviews slagging them off. From this I assume the majority are ok so I’ve taken a gamble. Seems to have paid off. So far.

Now the actual subject - power. It had a test sheet stating it gave between 11.3 and 11.7 on 8.44gr sovereigns which I was dubious of. So on my chronograph it gave between 11.5 and 11.9 on the same pellets which seems a bit high if anything.

On 10.65gr baracuda match it gave between 11.2 and 11.7 which may or may not be interesting. I wanted to try bisley magnums in case they were higher but haven’t got any. So the upshot is I don’t need to concerned about power, just finding the most accurate.

21 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

Very good .now go out and try aome pellets .

The ones with high bcs will be great for hunting and long range wind bucking 

So jsb exact around 0.025 

Bis mags /barra match 0.023 

Jsb heavies 0.035  (thats very high)

H+n snipers 0.029  

Flippin’ heck, more numbers! Are those ballistic coefficients  correct at sub 12ftib levels? And should I look for the highest bc combined with accuracy? (Financial issues are of no importance - I’m a wealthy man and whether I pay 3p or 4p per pellet is of little consequence)