Which FAC Airgun

PPP

Hello

I'd like a PCP airgun and as i have an FAC It make sense to go for FAC air.

Any suggestions?  I have a Hawke scope an a spare SAK mod and sling so just need the gun, i'd like change from £500 if poss

Thanks

13 minutes ago, PPP said:

Hello

I'd like a PCP airgun and as i have an FAC It make sense to go for FAC air.

Any suggestions?  I have a Hawke scope an a spare SAK mod and sling so just need the gun, i'd like change from £500 if poss

Thanks

hello, bit more info needed, power/calibre/ shots per fill/ what model is your hawke scope, i think you will need to ask the FEO on using a SAK for FAC air rifle,

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, bit more info needed, power/calibre/ shots per fill/ what model is your hawke scope, i think you will need to ask the FEO on using a SAK for FAC air rifle,

Hi

Thanks, don't care too much on power, say 30ftlbs? Again Calibre doesn't matter but existing is 22 so maybe that for ease.. I can always ask for variation for mod I guess?  Hawke scope is vantage 3-9 X 40 IR.  30 shots per fill would be good, id probably use pump to cut down on clutter.

1 hour ago, PPP said:

Hi

Thanks, don't care too much on power, say 30ftlbs? Again Calibre doesn't matter but existing is 22 so maybe that for ease.. I can always ask for variation for mod I guess?  Hawke scope is vantage 3-9 X 40 IR.  30 shots per fill would be good, id probably use pump to cut down on clutter.

hello, something like a FAC Air Arms S410 extra tubed should give 30 shots about 28llb, there is one on gun trader in Essex guns, they may sell without scope and do a deal when the shop reopens, it looks a very tidy air rifle, and easy to service

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Rapid 7? I remember reading about those in one of the mags when i was a youngster, some bloke with a Beard was always raving about them and a "Moonlighter' scope.. I was still very proud of my superstar and crappy nikko scope

50 minutes ago, PPP said:

Rapid 7? I remember reading about those in one of the mags when i was a youngster, some bloke with a Beard was always raving about them and a "Moonlighter' scope.. I was still very proud of my superstar and crappy nikko scope

Yes I had a rapid 7 in the 90s it was a fantastic piece of kit very accurate. I’d have one now but feel they may have been over taken by the new kids on the block and what’s the parts availability like, not sure. By the way I think the man with the beard was the late great John Darling. Happy days. Good luck with your search.

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, something like a FAC Air Arms S410 extra tubed should give 30 shots about 28llb, there is one on gun trader in Essex guns, they may sell without scope and do a deal when the shop reopens, it looks a very tidy air rifle, and easy to service

hello, if you going to use a pump you do not want a bottle type PCP, i used a pump on my 410 you just need to keep topped up, if i remember its 190 Bar max, at 28 ft llb about 3 magazine fills, cheers

3 hours ago, PPP said:

That’d be John darling 

I used to read his write ups ,I longed for a rapid for years n finally got one .Wish I still had it 

1 hour ago, rapid rich said:

There can be only one...😀Theoben Rapid .

All you'll ever need. Built to last.

Rich

For the money maybe