What a morning!

panoma1

Purchased my annual EA Salmon licence yesterday.......as I intended to have a go for a “silver fella” this morning. Set out at 7.30am the motorway was shrouded in mist! I arrived at our syndicate water about 8.15 was on the bank by 8.30am the mist was so thick I couldn’t see the opposite bank of the river! About 9.15am the mist started to lift, I tackled up and had a couple of casts, a kingfisher landed on the railings about 10 meters from me, quickly disappearing in a flash of blue, about 10 mins later I heard my first cuckoo of the year, it flew directly over me calling all the time......about 9.45am I noticed a small hatch of mayfly dancing over the water as the mist cleared and the sun broke through, unusual on our water!........also a pair of terns were floating about, diving into the water after small fish or maybe the mayfly?.......it was a glorious late spring day, great to be alive! Then the icing on the cake.......after a sit down and a drink I started casting again........bang....I had a “take” a few nods of the rod tip and away the fish sped stripping line off my reel, a run ultimately resulting in some splashing and somersaulting........I played the fish back closer to me, when closer it then sulked in the deep water in front of me.......it then made several short powerful runs, ending with a bit more slashing on the surface......but it was tiring.....the third time I encouraged it within netting distance, I slipped the net under this beauty! 14/16lbs a bar of silver, fresh run Salmon hooked in the scissors!......I returned it to the water after holding it in the flow for a few seconds......It swam away strongly!...... I left for home shortly afterwards,  well satisfied with my first outing of the season!
As I said.......what a morning!

What a ‘******’ it will not let me upload the picture? Exceeding the mb size apparently! :cry1:

B5295810-0E91-48BA-85C0-26867D3DECA6.jpeg

Edited by panoma1

57 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

A brilliant read. If you’re on an iPhone you should be able to choose the picture size to get it under the limit.

I’m on a Samsung phone.......Emailed the photo to my ipad........There doesn’t appear to be a way to alter the size of the picture? And I have no idea if I can upload the picture direct from the phone?

1 hour ago, rapid .25 said:

Yeh yeh yeh,  🐳 lol.

🤣🤣....😉

10 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

I’m on a Samsung phone.......Emailed the photo to my ipad........There doesn’t appear to be a way to alter the size of the picture? And I have no idea if I can upload the picture direct from the phone?

🤣🤣....😉

I’m sure somebody more knowledgable than me will be of help. I have the option as below when I select pictures to upload.

D750A906-8C30-46F5-8BB4-55328C6BA894.jpeg

4A91056A-D15F-49FF-A6B9-BE8D9D28C89A.png

13 minutes ago, JTaylor91 said:

I’m sure somebody more knowledgable than me will be of help. I have the option as below when I select pictures to upload.

D750A906-8C30-46F5-8BB4-55328C6BA894.jpeg

4A91056A-D15F-49FF-A6B9-BE8D9D28C89A.png

If I take a picture with my ipad I can get the same options to adjust the size? Reduce it posts ok on PW...Transferring it via email from my phone to the iPad and there is no such option? Or at least I can’t find one ! Lol!.........If I cant work it out I suppose it’ll be seen as just another “fisherman’s tale” 😝 

Seems very complicated. I just upload my photos onto the computer, it then has a list of things to do along the top edge which includes resizing, which I click on and up comes a choice. I click on 800/600 and bingo it is ready to put onto Pigeon Watch. It also allows me to adjust the brilliance, crop etc etc.   Where's the problem?

16 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Seems very complicated. I just upload my photos onto the computer, it then has a list of things to do along the top edge which includes resizing, which I click on and up comes a choice. I click on 800/600 and bingo it is ready to put onto Pigeon Watch. It also allows me to adjust the brilliance, crop etc etc.   Where's the problem?

The chap may not own a computer. 🤷🏻‍♂️