Rabbits dying in the open

I have been away a while,

one of my permissions is still not letting me on but txt to say he was finding dead rabbits with no obvious sign of what killed them unless it was part of some alien experiment its guess work but perhaps another nasty virus that effects them.

anyways as i sit waiting on foxes to show with decoy1979 he suggested i post and see is anyone else knows of similar 

8 minutes ago, kennett said:

Viral or Rabbit, same thing I think? Mixy usually leaves very obvious swelling and weeping around the eyes etc.

I see, yes stumbled across Mixy victims in the last, poor little *******...

Yes, similar happening here in South Derbyshire, people in the village saying they are finding dead rabbits lying about.  VHD probably or an off shoot.  RHD  I always knew to suddenly cause a complete loss of rabbit population other than a few very young ones and they died underground so bodies very rarely found.    Not myxi because that is so obvious and takes a long time to actually kill them.  RHD and VHD is almost an overnight occurence.  One or two good videos on youtube from Australia on those and the developement.

I found out about it in our area as a result of me being asked to sort a rabbit problem on some new seeds and in two nights only shot two rabbits where a couple of dozen where sen the week before by the  farmer. Then he rang me to say the villagers where finding dead ones everywhere. Been out 5am this morning where I normally see half a dozen but no rabbits and no fresh scrapings in the new seeds either. Gone!!

31 minutes ago, wisdom said:

Strangely I am seeing bigger numbers at the moment.Been poor for the last couple of years but numbers seem better at the moment.

Big numbers my way too, used to keep fairly on top of them but been away from shooting them for a year. 

Not seen any laying dead but they are definitely making their presence felt on the drillings.