quivering dog

oowee

I was up this morning and out at 0430 after breakfast for me and the dog we were out with the gun to continue with an infestation of rooks and crows at a dairy. My 4 year old cocker worked well until about 1100 when we called it a day. It was hot but we were in the shade and he retrieved around a 60 birds. Back home and he was drinking from the trough. He was fed at 1730 as usual. At 1800 my wife took him down to the river, chasing stones, all was good. then about 1900 he went to my wife in the kitchen and started to whimper she stroked him and he growled (not nasty just a sort of grumble. Then he came to me and started to shake all over, looking pretty sorry for himself. He continued to shake uncontrolably for a good 30 mins, all over, continuously not like a shiver. It was his whole body 😟. We wrapped him an a coat and after half an hour he has stopped and sitting quietly at my feet. Any ideas?

3 hours ago, oowee said:

I was up this morning and out at 0430 after breakfast for me and the dog we were out with the gun to continue with an infestation of rooks and crows at a dairy. My 4 year old cocker worked well until about 1100 when we called it a day. It was hot but we were in the shade and he retrieved around a 60 birds. Back home and he was drinking from the trough. He was fed at 1730 as usual. At 1800 my wife took him down to the river, chasing stones, all was good. then about 1900 he went to my wife in the kitchen and started to whimper she stroked him and he growled (not nasty just a sort of grumble. Then he came to me and started to shake all over, looking pretty sorry for himself. He continued to shake uncontrolably for a good 30 mins, all over, continuously not like a shiver. It was his whole body 😟. We wrapped him an a coat and after half an hour he has stopped and sitting quietly at my feet. Any ideas?

Could be heat stroke. I'd consider the vet asap if he doesn't improve rapidly or gets any worse.