What a difference....

Walker570

.... a bit of warm weather makes to a garden. Our roses have just blossomed in the last week and a joy to behold. Twenty years ago we went right across to Bandit Country to Attleborough to a rose grower and sought out a selection of older genetics.  The large orangy pink rose mid photo is Mrs. McCready a fantastic large rose when fully out but also a great button hole when in bud.

Hope your gardens are also responding to this warm spell. Nothing really beats sitting in a garden with a favorite glass and drinking in the delights of all the summer flowers coming into bloom.

Helps if you have a good gardener to go round and water it all.  She doubles as a part time wife as well.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.jpg

006.jpg

well me pom pom tree is well out .....dont ask me the name please...........and my micro spinney is working well ..it has a corkscrew hazel ..some helibores ferns cotoniaster  ivy and pin cherry and sum other stuff ....it is always damp in the middle as i have chucked a load of logs in there a few years ago which are rotting and full of livestock

and i have a wood sculpture on the corner....

im very much a slash and burn garden that uses strimmers for weeding and plenty of horsepower for everything else..........monty don don came here a few years ago ....and that was when he had his heart attack............

JDog came here and told me off about my lawn......told him i desigoned it that way...........and he said my tree was all contorted or something like that....i told him if he didnt shut up i would steal his dawg.......

micro spinney 001tn_.JPG

micro spinney 002tn_.JPG

micro spinney 003tn_.JPG

micro spinney 004tn_.JPG

11 minutes ago, andrewluke said:

the sun has done the same for my garden

image.jpeg.5680cab129984e50db30971fee574f42.jpeg

i wish😁

hhhaaahhhhh.............had me until i scrolled down..............pull the roof orf boi and it will be full of chocolates..:good:

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

.... a bit of warm weather makes to a garden. Our roses have just blossomed in the last week and a joy to behold. Twenty years ago we went right across to Bandit Country to Attleborough to a rose grower and sought out a selection of older genetics.  The large orangy pink rose mid photo is Mrs. McCready a fantastic large rose when fully out but also a great button hole when in bud.

Hope your gardens are also responding to this warm spell. Nothing really beats sitting in a garden with a favorite glass and drinking in the delights of all the summer flowers coming into bloom.

Helps if you have a good gardener to go round and water it all.  She doubles as a part time wife as well.

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.jpg

006.jpg

You have got some better roses Walker than the garden centre that sold them to you :lol: , I splashed out on rose from the same place ( Peter Beales ) at Attlebourgh , I followed all the instructions about planting and the petals fell off and haven't seen another flower since , my fault as my knowledge of gardening is about the same as working my computer  , trial and error is the way to describe it .

The garden centre itself is well worth a visit , the relaxing area in the garden is a work of art with many gold medal displays from the Chelsea flower show ,free car park and free to get in , the plants are a bit pricey but you are buying the best .

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.jpg

006.jpg

What a beautiful English country garden can almost smell the roses... Ditchies is none to shabby as well, green and lush 

Here's a picture at the bottom of my garden on a spring tide. The dogs marking a Codrsz_1dscn9707_2.jpg.bb2ea82ef3d425ab5114b7107f8e6bd3.jpg

Well it’s not my garden but you maybe like it 

before the lockdown a duck decided to nest in the stable 

so I left her to it 😊👍

anyway she hatched a few and I kept them safe inside the stable and some extra food for her and the youngsters 

5838E83F-F317-447F-B227-106DD2A5FD12.png

970EAC75-E63E-41A2-A8A5-916C38593740.jpeg

89967D18-10D2-4D2C-86EF-4A46E9E843CA.jpeg

Anyway they all survived and there sunning on the muck heap today 

horse is happy he’s got the stable back 

42BCC24F-874C-468D-AE1A-D2277A88E32D.jpeg

1E9F5D5B-30CE-463E-831B-83DB554B1732.jpeg

Very nice gardens,  I have all hard landscaping with slate flag patio and slate chippings everywhere else upto the hedge. Have some nice grasses and iris growing out of the slate,palm tree as one died of frost. Have a rose salmon pink but no name.

My last garden I planted all the fragrant David Austin roses I could find. Love the scent of flowers and try to grow scented flowering plants. Have some large tubs along the patio for chillies, tomatoes and flowers too.

I don't have the time or inclination to constantly cut grass and water all the time.

Dougy which David Austin rose is it, looks like a Gertrude Jekyll climbing rose.

11 minutes ago, Old farrier said:

You’re garden looking good  nev i can almost smell your roses 👍👍👍

I shall endeavour to take some pictures of mine 

ditchman sort out your lawn and get yourself a dog 🤭😊

Mrs dougy likes your pony by the way, talking about smells her tacks in the front room and its certainly not roses. 

Have not grown tobacco plants for years. Must get some this year. Still time to plant summer flowers . We just had three frosty mornings which nipped half of my emerging courgettes of. I watch folks at garden centres buying bedding in April which is crazy.  I have just moved all of my overwintered geraniums etc outside as the forecast for the next two weeks looks OK frost wise.   Just a very light sprinkle of rain this morning, not enough to do ny good or even frshen things up a bit.  Grassed about 75 % of what was my veg garden and most of the flower garden is now perenial or large pots I can wheel into the garden room to winter.  Grass is not a problem as the old Kubota does that for me. I just sit there and steer.

I like the old Spencer highly fragrant sweet pea variety grown in the garden for smell and cut flowers for house. 

The tobacco plants I grew for a couple of years and never got much of a scent from them even on a still evening.

Wife walked in with two french lavanders, no where to plant them though but a bargain she said 😲

17 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Well it’s not my garden but you maybe like it 

before the lockdown a duck decided to nest in the stable 

so I left her to it 😊👍

anyway she hatched a few and I kept them safe inside the stable and some extra food for her and the youngsters 

5838E83F-F317-447F-B227-106DD2A5FD12.png

970EAC75-E63E-41A2-A8A5-916C38593740.jpeg

89967D18-10D2-4D2C-86EF-4A46E9E843CA.jpeg

Anyway they all survived and there sunning on the muck heap today 

horse is happy he’s got the stable back 

42BCC24F-874C-468D-AE1A-D2277A88E32D.jpeg

1E9F5D5B-30CE-463E-831B-83DB554B1732.jpeg

Very good pictures, how many did she raise with your help? 👍👍