Can you shorten a shotgun yourself ?

BADGER.BRAD

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello sending this via a I pad still trying to get the hang of it laptop went pop anyway my single bsa has 25 and 1/2inch full choke barrel going to cut 1inch off which should leave some choke? How much space do I need for a screw on hush power mod? 

The best people to talk to are Hushpower.. the mod i used wasnt threaded just tightened with a collet.. thats a very short barrel for a single BSA, have your checked the choke

2 hours ago, islandgun said:

The best people to talk to are Hushpower.. the mod i used wasnt threaded just tightened with a collet.. thats a very short barrel for a single BSA, have your checked the choke

Hello I meant a collet, my friend has one on his Baikal, just want to know how far the collet goes on and mod screws on that, it is short for a single barrel but the R F D sold it as full choke I most likely contact the shop that sell the Hush mods when back open

I have two shotguns "home shortened." One is my first shotgun, a cheap side by side shortened to 24 1/2 inches by my dad with a hacksaw.

The other is an old Mossberg 600 shortened by me to the same length with a different hacksaw. 

Don't get hung up on choke, I use both still for pigeon shooting, the mossberg for teal on flight ponds, rabbi ting off a quad, shooting skeet etc etc. They both shoot well and reliably kill at ranges that make me wonder why I bother with choke in my other shotguns. 

The resale value of both was only ever going to be £25-50 so I was never concerned about that.