Jump to content
Dave-G

Thanks Nigel for exposing French migrant assistance

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I doubt any of our press would have reported on the French assistance of cross channel illegal migrant invasion if it weren't for Nigel Farage showing them up from a presumably hired fishing boat.

I've often suggested they must be getting support or blind eyes of some sort from the french who justifiably want rid of them - whilst delightfully adding to UK overheads.

The amount of official skulduggery involved is breathtaking - naval escorts from both countries - and I've heard about helicopter monitoring elsewhere - can't remember where.

Claimed threats (hopefully recorded for evidence) that filming proof of the handover will result in boarding of the observer vessel. Lets hope this corruption sees upper echelon heads roll.

One can only hope this opens the eyes of some naive anti Brexit supporters.

Edited by Dave-G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest Dave, regardless of personal slant on Brexit, naivety lies with anyone who thought the situation would get any better after Brexit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It will get better because we will be clear of their ruling on immigration. Whether the powers that be get their sticky fingers out and do something about it, then I have my doubts.

The threats to the boat skipper form both the British Border force and the French navy are NOT acceptable and bravo to Nigel for chasing this up and keeping the pressure on. His last vidieo puts it in a nutshell.    Those boats should have been towed back to France whence they came.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

It will get better because we will be clear of their ruling on immigration. Whether the powers that be get their sticky fingers out and do something about it, then I have my doubts.

Unless I misunderstand, you don't seem clear on whether it will be better or not? If you honestly believe it will be better then please explain how so?

Our break from the EU was more or less secured off the back of immigration, it would be really good if all the enlightened people who voted for it could bring the rest of us naive idealists up to speed on the subject...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will continue............it is impossible to stop........whatever we do and it went to court (human rights) we would lose.....and if we did go against any ruling we would be alienated by the rest of our trading partners............

someone told me what it costs us to look after one migrant...with housing ...benifits...health...interperators....food...clothing..............then you multiply that by the number here ............it is a staggering cost..........money that would be otherwise well spent on say ....staffing costs at care homes so NHS hostpital beds would be freed up.......

so what is the answer......cause dammed if i know.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been watching the MSN TV news channels later this morning.... nothing - not even on SKY. No attempt to put a spin on it like continuing to lie that the assistance is in fact a rescue - which has now been shown to be total Horlicks. It's watching it take place with the assurance immediate rescue is on hand naval boats and aircraft all on hand.

There seems to be a concerted effort to protect some very sticky government shenanigans and I'll not be surprised if it get to be swept under the carpet for a few years as being against the public interest.

Sky news earlier this morning:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ditchman said:

 

someone told me ....

Yeah yeah, someone told me the earth was flat, Elvis lives, and the moon was made of cream cheese...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yeah yeah, someone told me the earth was flat, Elvis lives, and the moon was made of cream cheese...

good contribution there my man..........up to your usual standard..:good:

 

on a seperate tack now....(a nice nauticle term).............the NFU are missing a trick....they should be down at Dover with the NFU Stormtroopers...rounding them up and bussing them up to pick lettuces and strawberries and leaks and cabbages and sprouts

job sorted .........."VOTE DITCHMAN".........you know it makes sense..:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ditchman said:

good contribution there my man..........up to your usual standard..:good:

 

on a seperate tack now....(a nice nauticle term).............the NFU are missing a trick....they should be down at Dover with the NFU Stormtroopers...rounding them up and bussing them up to pick lettuces and strawberries and leaks and cabbages and sprouts

job sorted .........."VOTE DITCHMAN".........you know it makes sense..

By George I think you may be on to something there, someone get the PM on the line!:w00t:

 

 

Prime Minister NOT Piers Morgan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard it said two days ago (in the commons) that the financial contribution made by non EU migrants working in care to the NHS was £900m, too significant to be waived. Boris was proposing that the £400 fee charged would rise to £624 and apply to all migrant workers working in care. In less than a day the figure of £900m is now estimated by Tory ministers to be in the region of £50m and recognising the contribution these workers make and their importance for keeping the system working the fee is to be waived and Boris has u trurned. 

If only people could get beyond the headlines and look at the reality of the situation, what a difference it would make. Unfortunately mistrust of anything, new or foreign immediately challenges human base instincts causing the hackles to rise and the tabloids play to that ignorance. More reality checks to come with the immigration 'reforms' no doubt. 

17 minutes ago, henry d said:

Yeah yeah, someone told me the earth was flat, Elvis lives, and the moon was made of cream cheese...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, oowee said:

I heard it said two days ago (in the commons) that the financial contribution made by non EU migrants working in care to the NHS was £900m, too significant to be waived. Boris was proposing that the £400 fee charged would rise to £624 and apply to all migrant workers working in care. In less than a day the figure of £900m is now estimated by Tory ministers to be in the region of £50m and recognising the contribution these workers make and their importance for keeping the system working the fee is to be waived and Boris has u trurned. 

If only people could get beyond the headlines and look at the reality of the situation, what a difference it would make. Unfortunately mistrust of anything, new or foreign immediately challenges human base instincts causing the hackles to rise and the tabloids play to that ignorance. More reality checks to come with the immigration 'reforms' no doubt. 

It was corrected to £90 million.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, oowee said:

heard it said two days ago (in the commons) that the financial contribution made by non EU migrants working in care to the NHS was £900m,

900 million can't be sniffed at, 90 million however isn't that big a deal in the scheme of things, someone messed up.

But by seemingly caving in over night the government have made themselves look foolish. 

I'm sure the migrants could be stopped very easily if someone told the Navy to stop them, but they obviously don't want it to come to blows with the french, imagine the headlines if fire was exchanged over the passage of migrants. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, oowee said:

I heard it said two days ago (in the commons) that the financial contribution made by non EU migrants working in care to the NHS was £900m, too significant to be waived. Boris was proposing that the £400 fee charged would rise to £624 and apply to all migrant workers working in care. In less than a day the figure of £900m is now estimated by Tory ministers to be in the region of £50m and recognising the contribution these workers make and their importance for keeping the system working the fee is to be waived and Boris has u trurned. 

If only people could get beyond the headlines and look at the reality of the situation, what a difference it would make. Unfortunately mistrust of anything, new or foreign immediately challenges human base instincts causing the hackles to rise and the tabloids play to that ignorance. More reality checks to come with the immigration 'reforms' no doubt. 

 

If the care home my aunt was in is anything to go by the non EU workforce was made up primarily of Phillippino women who presumably arrive by plane with visas. Nothing to do with the young men in their 20s sitting in that boat, they are not going to be working in care homes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vince Green said:

If the care home my aunt was in is anything to go by the non EU workforce was made up primarily of Phillippino women who presumably arrive by plane with visas. Nothing to do with the young men in their 20s sitting in that boat, they are not going to be working in care homes.

bang on the money as usual Vince!:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

To be honest Dave, regardless of personal slant on Brexit, naivety lies with anyone who thought the situation would get any better after Brexit.

Totally agree.

Quote

If the care home my aunt was in is anything to go by the non EU workforce was made up primarily of Phillippino women who presumably arrive by plane with visas. Nothing to do with the young men in their 20s sitting in that boat, they are not going to be working in care homes.

Whenever immigrants are mentioned, many cite the NHS which has many, many overseas workers who contribute to the country.  They mention these in the same breath as illegals who are criminals. They break the law by entering the country and prisons contain many who have little further regard for the law, once they have arrived. The two groups should not be lumped together for the sake of a spurious argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Totally agree.

Whenever immigrants are mentioned, many cite the NHS which has many, many overseas workers who contribute to the country.  They mention these in the same breath as illegals who are criminals. They break the law by entering the country and prisons contain many who have little further regard for the law, once they have arrived. The two groups should not be lumped together for the sake of a spurious argument.

^this^ 

the fact is [but nobody wants to hear it or face it] the uk is full, we have to take care not to break the nhs with massive cases of cv-19 and many other ailments, "stay home and save lives and our wonderful nhs" they tell us, and yet people just keep coming. as seen in the video assisted by the french who are glad to see the back of them at any cost it would seem, at what stage does it end,? civil unrest,? the collapse of the economy,? mass famine,?

other countries can break rules with impunity it seems but this place seems to be a soft touch approach, unless of course you post some nasty right wing thought on farcebook or towatter

 

 

Edited by REDINGTON

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ditchman said:

good contribution there my man..........up to your usual standard

No worries, yours was top notch, peer reviewed, academic standard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, henry d said:

No worries, yours was top notch, peer reviewed, academic standard!

 

2 hours ago, henry d said:

Yeah yeah, someone told me the earth was flat, Elvis lives, and the moon was made of cream cheese...

Someones got out of bed the wrong side this morning :lol:

Theres plenty of people in this country who are rightly concerned about ILLEGAL immigration, and the kid glove way of dealing with it that leads to ever increasing incidences of such.
Seriously , if you live in a poor country, and you hear that all you have to do is GET here  and all your needs will be met, then what would you do ?

Then there are others who scream NAZI ! At the merest mention of the issue, and level the pointy finger of racism at anyone who dares to voice those concerns.
Still others deny there is a problem at all with illegal immigrants, the cost , the crime, and the criminality of the act in getting here.
They are usually the ones that say the 'problem' is with OUR attitude to it, rather than the problem of illegal immigration itself.

Its pure deflection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It been happening for decades. During the Balkan war two young fellas turned up on site and put in the hours. They had run away from the war, travelled to France where, at calais, they were asked where they were going. England. The french border guards took their passports, ripped them in half and put them on the ferry. That was 1997, they both own properties here and back in Bosnia now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ditchman said:

This will continue............it is impossible to stop........whatever we do and it went to court (human rights) we would lose.....and if we did go against any ruling we would be alienated by the rest of our trading partners............

someone told me what it costs us to look after one migrant...with housing ...benifits...health...interperators....food...clothing..............then you multiply that by the number here ............it is a staggering cost..........money that would be otherwise well spent on say ....staffing costs at care homes so NHS hostpital beds would be freed up.......

so what is the answer......cause dammed if i know.....

An honest reply at least.

51 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Whenever immigrants are mentioned, many cite the NHS which has many, many overseas workers who contribute to the country.  They mention these in the same breath as illegals who are criminals. They break the law by entering the country and prisons contain many who have little further regard for the law, once they have arrived. The two groups should not be lumped together for the sake of a spurious argument.

Absolutely. Lumping the two together almost certainly contributed to "get the job done" but it's not going to help going forward.

7 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Theres plenty of people in this country who are rightly concerned about ILLEGAL immigration, and the kid glove way of dealing with it that leads to ever increasing incidences of such.
Seriously , if you live in a poor country, and you hear that all you have to do is GET here  and all your needs will be met, then what would you do ?

Then there are others who scream NAZI ! At the merest mention of the issue, and level the pointy finger of racism at anyone who dares to voice those concerns.
Still others deny there is a problem at all with illegal immigrants, the cost , the crime, and the criminality of the act in getting here.
They are usually the ones that say the 'problem' is with OUR attitude to it, rather than the problem of illegal immigration itself.

Its pure deflection.

Surely any right minded person would be concerned about illegal immigration. Per the above, maybe if legal and illegal immigration were separated we'd surely overall be in a much better position to align and focus on the illegal aspect - separate the wheat from the chaff on both sides of the argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Surely any right minded person would be concerned about illegal immigration. Per the above, maybe if legal and illegal immigration were separated we'd surely overall be in a much better position to align and focus on the illegal aspect - separate the wheat from the chaff on both sides of the argument.

Definitely , but there are some who struggle to understand the difference, and others who dont care about the difference.

We can tar anyone who raises objections to uncontrolled immigration, OR illegal immigration with the same brush , as the racist bigots some perceive them to be, and there are racist bigots.
But, as much as some lump all immigrants into the same basket, the pro immigrant lobby lumps all dissent into the same basket of bigots.

Farage quite rightly pointed out that there is collusion from the authorities in the channel in bringing the 'boat people ' over.
This will lead to more and more of them as the word gets around the camps.
This has been happening in the Med for YEARS , and until we start turning them back, the trickle will turn into a flood, with France doing the whole Turkey/Greece blackmail thing on the UK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The UK is not a country anymore. It's basically a destination that everyone in the world can come to and be supported.  The country is rapidly becomming a third world  latrine. You only have to visit many areas of our  large cities and see the downward spiral of deterioration. The way this country has visibly changed in my lifetime is quite astonishing.

On another thread someone was discussing emigrating to Australia or NZ. I would say if you are young enough get out now because the UK is rapidly on the way down as a pleasant place to live.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once they're on the water there are only two choices  - pick them up or let them drown. Not sure that the French navy role is as nefarious as Farange is suggesting. Most probably the French encounter these craft at sea and then call up the British to come and get them. What's the alternative? These people are 'escaping' France and don't want to go back, and it's not so easy to get people from a tiny dinghy into a warship against their will. Try doing it by force and sure as eggs you're going to end up with boats overturned, people drowning, newspaper headlines, etc, etc. So if the Brits will quietly collect them - better all round.

The only way you're going to stop this is to let these boats founder and the occupants drown. But that goes against modern western values, so there's nothing to be done. It's the way of the modern world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...