Thanks Nigel for exposing French migrant assistance

Dave-G

6 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Like what? That I try and avoid contributing to the local police benevolent fund when stopped and shaken down along with everyone else on a motorcycle passing through the day's random money-earning checkpoint? Do I assume you'd rather pay up?

Anyway, I didn't say it was right. I just said it works. 

You chose to move there . We in is this country are try to keep people like that out . 

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Retsdon said:

Well, Theresa May has successfully my family out. That should make you happy. Have fun with the bunch you've let in instead. 

I have no idea what you are talking about your family and mrs May , why should I be happy when I dont have a clue what you are talking about  . I am not letting anyone in , what is wrong is the wrong people are wanting to come here . They pay a lot of money to sail across  the chanel . When a ferry or air ticket is far cheaper . Were is the logic behind that .

I find it difficult to believe the "English language" argument to explain why immigrants want to come to the UK.
The occupants of the rubber dinghies don't appear to be the intelligentsia of whichever country they come from.
I do believe they are mainly economic migrants, hence the vast majority being male between 18 and 35 years of age.
There are some families, young children, genuine refugees, but they are outweighed by the less deserving and desirable.

PS. Most of the operators in our local car washes can't speak a word of English.

11 hours ago, Retsdon said:

Like what? That I try and avoid contributing to the local police benevolent fund when stopped and shaken down along with everyone else on a motorcycle passing through the day's random money-earning checkpoint? Do I assume you'd rather pay up?

Anyway, I didn't say it was right. I just said it works. 

As much as I disagree with many (not all, btw) things that Mr Retsdon says on here...(but that's the great things about forums...we can disagree without killing each other!) I have to agree with him on the Thailand police aspect. They are corrupt to the core....and, as Retsdon says, you're basically contributing to their benevolent fund, ie, their wages, when you pay a fine!  An old friend living in Koh Samui (Thailand) who is English, married to a Thai lady, once told me that to be a police officer in Thailand, you needed two things.  One, buy a uniform...and two, buy a gun...after that, the rest of it falls into place!  I dare say that corruption, be it police , customs,. border force, whatever, is the same the world over!  

21 hours ago, henry d said:

Can you please expand on that?

I didn't think my post was that complex, but to expand on the following sentence, "There are some families, young children, genuine refugees, but they are outweighed by the less deserving and desirable".

I am inclined to believe that most of the families and young children are probably genuine refugees (or at least more believable) and I sympathise with those.

I would reiterate, "I do believe they (the illegal immigrants) are mainly economic migrants, hence the vast majority being male between 18 and 35 years of age."

11 hours ago, Cranfield said:

I didn't think my post was that complex, but to expand on the following sentence, "There are some families, young children, genuine refugees, but they are outweighed by the less deserving and desirable".

I am inclined to believe that most of the families and young children are probably genuine refugees (or at least more believable) and I sympathise with those.

I would reiterate, "I do believe they (the illegal immigrants) are mainly economic migrants, hence the vast majority being male between 18 and 35 years of age."

Well said , I still can not understand they pay these vast amounts of money to sail across , When a flight or ferry is cheaper .

On 22/05/2020 at 11:53, TRINITY said:

The UK is not a country anymore. It's basically a destination that everyone in the world can come to and be supported.  The country is rapidly becomming a third world  latrine. You only have to visit many areas of our  large cities and see the downward spiral of deterioration. The way this country has visibly changed in my lifetime is quite astonishing.

On another thread someone was discussing emigrating to Australia or NZ. I would say if you are young enough get out now because the UK is rapidly on the way down as a pleasant place to live.

Good post👍

On 24/05/2020 at 22:51, henry d said:

Can you please expand on that?

I suppose you think that's racist to Henry, it is very simple we just do not want more people coming to the UK with this covid 19 situation, we do not have the housing, jobs, infrastructure or NHS to support our own citizens and the French don't care attitude is not helping, maybe they could all be sent to Scotland 

On 23/05/2020 at 14:55, old'un said:

A very good point.

I have a friend that owns a property in France - he has to do everything in French- the Mayor does speak English - but when doing anything - it has to be done in perfect French or else nothing gets done or it gets rejected.

Meanwhile in the UK we supply translators et al at the cost of the public purse @£50-£100 per hour!!

1 hour ago, discobob said:

I have a friend that owns a property in France - he has to do everything in French- the Mayor does speak English - but when doing anything - it has to be done in perfect French or else nothing gets done or it gets rejected.

Meanwhile in the UK we supply translators et al at the cost of the public purse @£50-£100 per hour!!

The reality is that. DISCOBOB is correct. Partly. Although "perfect French" isn't correct. As long as the thing is in good French or undertstandable French it will be allowed to pass. Noboy there rejects a planning application if you asked for "un salle du bain" instead of "une salle de bain".

I

didn't think my post was that complex, but to expand on the following sentence, "There are some families, young children, genuine refugees, but they are outweighed by the less deserving and desirable".

Symptomatic of today's society when someone is asked to expand on a post, which was perfectly clear.  Just what was the point of asking?

1 minute ago, Gordon R said:

I

Symptomatic of today's society when someone is asked to expand on a post, which was perfectly clear.  Just what was the point of asking?

Looked to me like he wanted Cranfield to say something racist or offensive about foreigners , then do the whole BOOM ! thing and get the thread shut down.
Standard procedure, someone posts a topic about illegal immigrants, and the lib brigade come out in force to tell us how hateful we all are.

Pure deflection from a very real issue.

4 hours ago, discobob said:

It is shocking, but why is it always you, Henry, that is always pointing the blame at UK people - I know that there is the whole 'those without sin' and stone - fair enough - buuuuut - it is generally you that pops up with this response 😞

It's about balance, if all you see is people saying "...it's them..." is it balanced? Probably not, so if I put in someone who is from this country who is also as morally abhorrent as those who are not from this country is that something that is wrong?