Shotgun slip

Mr. Merkel

Hi all I am looking for a shorter length good quality traditional canvas or leather shotgun slip for a side by side. Ideally about 45 inches long a buckle and flap style with a full length zip, fleece lined but I am happy to compromise for the right slip. I just want a slip that does not fold up carrying a shorter gun.

It’s to take a 12-bore XXV

Anything suitable out there?

Thanks in advance

MM

I bought a Brady canvas gun slip for my XXV from the bay. Fits exactly - I know what you mean re fit as most slips these days aren’t short. Very traditional and well made. Not fleece lined though if that’s important to you.

It pays to shop around as condition is everything and some of these Brady slips are decades old and have seen some use.

On 22/05/2020 at 16:32, Mr. Merkel said:

Hi all I am looking for a shorter length good quality traditional canvas or leather shotgun slip for a side by side. Ideally about 45 inches long a buckle and flap style with a full length zip, fleece lined but I am happy to compromise for the right slip. I just want a slip that does not fold up carrying a shorter gun.

It’s to take a 12-bore XXV

Anything suitable out there?

Thanks in advance

MM

pm sent

14 minutes ago, Mr. Merkel said:

Thank you all for the replies I believe its now sorted, I say believe as I have a birthday coming along and the wife has told me not to buy one.

Thanks

MM

Make sure she keeps the receipt so you can take it back and get the correct one later!:rolleyes: