Lord Geordie Support Fund Donations Very welcome

TIGHTCHOKE

1 minute ago, hodge911 said:

Anyone got an idea on how we going to give the amazing amount that the truly outstanding people that is P.W. 

I know where martin lives and don't mind going /taking something or someone over 

Hawkeye is sorting all of that sort of thing, I will shout if we need your help.

Thank you

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard again from Jacki Matin is coming along better than expected..... But the family have had the police in and all Martins guns have been taken .....the excuse is so social services can go into the house and work with Chris..

Martin was the only one who new where the keys were so look like the police have broken into his gun cabinet.. from what i recall he only had one shotgun the rest were air rifles so if he does recover will he get them back don't think so ..

As Jacki does not get on with the sisters she does not even know if they got a receipt and list of things taken...Martin is really going to get peed of when he gets home ..

Social services said they are OK to sell Martins things as they have his best interests at heart....not so sure about that ??

54 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

Social services said they are OK to sell Martins things as they have his best interests at heart....not so sure about that ??

Not sure about that, surely a power of attorney needs to be in place. Especially as he’s improving he may well have capacity so they have no right to sell his stuff, no matter if their intentions are well meaning or not. 

If martin agrees to gift them to me I'll store them for him until he decides what he wants / needs to do with them .. he knows where I live as he's been here numerous times 

Mike see jackie about that I certainly don't mind putting them in my cabinets for as long is needed 

Edited by hodge911

24 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

If martin agrees to gift them to me I'll store them for him until he decides what he wants / needs to do with them .. he knows where I live as he's been here numerous times 

Mike see jackie about that I certainly don't mind putting them in my cabinets for as long is needed 

Iv got space if you struggle to store them...both you and LG know me....

Edited by mad1

3 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Just heard again from Jacki Matin is coming along better than expected..... But the family have had the police in and all Martins guns have been taken .....the excuse is so social services can go into the house and work with Chris..

Martin was the only one who new where the keys were so look like the police have broken into his gun cabinet.. from what i recall he only had one shotgun the rest were air rifles so if he does recover will he get them back don't think so ..

As Jacki does not get on with the sisters she does not even know if they got a receipt and list of things taken...Martin is really going to get peed of when he gets home ..

Nothing like kicking someone while their down 😞😞😞

Appreciate that we don't have the full facts, but I would have some concern if the sisters are "acting in Martin's best interests" and selling off his gear that may well include  any gift of an expensive iPad or the like.  If they have appointed themselves to act on his behalf they may well value a bit of cash a bit more highly.

Hawkeye, worth tying up with Jackie to make sure that whatever is gifted to Martin is suitably protected from grasping hands, however that might be managed.

Just now, grrclark said:

Appreciate that we don't have the full facts, but I would have some concern if the sisters are "acting in Martin's best interests" and selling off his gear that may well include  any gift of an expensive iPad or the like.  If they have appointed themselves to act on his behalf they may well value a bit of cash a bit more highly.

Hawkeye, worth tying up with Jackie to make sure that whatever is gifted to Martin is suitably protected from grasping hands, however that might be managed.

It is still sitting waiting in my account at the moment!

3 hours ago, Medic1281 said:

Not sure about that, surely a power of attorney needs to be in place. Especially as he’s improving he may well have capacity so they have no right to sell his stuff, no matter if their intentions are well meaning or not. 

Agree this needs to be looked at. 

It is possible that Martin had already had a POA drawn up (just in case)  and his family have triggered it due to his stroke.

However he should be able to tell them to "back off" if he is deemed fit to run his own affairs after his return home. 

He may need independent legal advice to ensure his rights are looked after. 

best 

gdadphil

20 hours ago, hawkeye said:

Ask them for a copy of their mental capacity assessment and the Best interest decision making process that they followed ... 

I imagine the Police taking them into their possession at the moment is legal, I doubt they have sold or destroyed them (yet). 

What is the update on LG, both physically and cognition wise? 

Might be a permanent NH placement 😞

20 hours ago, hodge911 said:

Cheers Pete but the police have them now don't think Jacki can do anything about it as the sisters will not let her even visit Martin.

so don't know how she can get them back and as you well know most of his guns were air rifles think he only had one shotgun..

18 hours ago, grrclark said:

Funny that was just talking to one of the lads about this any ideas how we can make sure any iPad or what ever we get cannot be taken away from him..

Jackie is having trouble with the sisters they block every thing she tries to do for Martin even to asking the hospital not to let her visit...

Mike

16 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

Funny that was just talking to one of the lads about this any ideas how we can make sure any iPad or what ever we get cannot be taken away from him..

Jackie is having trouble with the sisters they block every thing she tries to do for Martin even to asking the hospital not to let her visit...

Mike

I don’t know Mike, if they are even trying to deny Jacki seeing Martin then how do we even get any gift to him.

Can you visit him in hospital?  I don’t know if you’re local to him or not, sorry.

Maybe one of our legal professionals could advise if some sort of deed could be drawn up saying that the iPad is gifted for exclusive use of Martin and cannot be sold without the consent of whoever, but what is to say they would even give the device to him.  How worthwhile that might be is also a question.

It’s a tragic situation all round.

In truth if the sisters are actually genuinely working in his and Chris’ best interest then if my part of the donation was used by them i would be happy anyway.  I just hate the idea of something being done for Martin that he never gets the benefit of.

10 minutes ago, Nuke said:

Buy the iPad and lone in to him until he gets better? They cant sell what he doesnt own.

/Markus

+1....cant see why not...

Wonder if we can use the guise of one of us going to see him as he shooting friend and leaving our iPad for him to use while hes in there....????

Edited by mad1