Lord Geordie Support Fund Donations Very welcome

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i may be well out of order here....but i think they want to use him as a cash cow......claiming benifits for his son and for careing for him....could be a lot of benifit money coming...........

as i said i may well be out of order on my assumptions....thats why we need to be careful when to gift him...so he is well enough to hang onto it...and the connection package is not shared or re-routed............

christ im getting cynicle in my old age..

17 minutes ago, ditchman said:

i may be well out of order here....but i think they want to use him as a cash cow......claiming benifits for his son and for careing for him....could be a lot of benifit money coming...........

as i said i may well be out of order on my assumptions....thats why we need to be careful when to gift him...so he is well enough to hang onto it...and the connection package is not shared or re-routed............

Problem is your likely right.

16 minutes ago, B725 said:

Could you not engrave it property of Martin and Jackie giving both of them legal ownership. 

Write a letter, 1 copy that accompany the gift and 1 copy to Jackie that states:

The iPad/PowerBook (with serial number so-and-so) is a gift to Martin and Jackie from their friends from Pigeonwatch

The iPad/PowerBook (with serial number so-and-so) is Martins to use.

I any event Martin is not able to use the iPad/PowerBook (with serial number so-and-so) will be handed to Jackie to use until he is better etc.

/Markus

It's nice to hear that things are moving in the right direction for Martin,  I hope that he makes as near to a complete recovery as is possible. 

It's a strange old malarkey with his family , but that's just how families are I suppose. 

23 hours ago, ditchman said:

you could be right Martin never really got on with his sisters..

As they say...you can choose your friends (and lovers!) but you can't choose your family!  I sincerely hope that Martin and Jackie get through this ok.  His sisters obviously have 'reasons' why they are doing what they are doing.  Quite often, these 'reasons' are at best, misguided and more often than not, based on some petty disagreement / dislike, that's festered in their minds till it's become an obsession!  Let's just hope that PW's gift to Martin (whatever form that takes) will give him a massive boost and speed up his recovery, knowing that all his friends on here are with him all the way!    We look forward to seeing him back on PW Forum.  

Ladies and Gentlemen I am awaiting a cheque from one Member and will close the Lord Geordie (Martin) Support Fund on the last day of this month.

I am in discussion with a Member who has access to the NHS Discount Scheme and we are looking to buy an Ipad, with some insurance cover and some prepaid operating costs paid upfront.

THANK YOU ALL

8 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Ladies and Gentlemen I am awaiting a cheque from one Member and will close the Lord Geordie (Martin) Support Fund on the last day of this month.

I am in discussion with a Member who has access to the NHS Discount Scheme and we are looking to buy an Ipad, with some insurance cover and some prepaid operating costs paid upfront.

THANK YOU ALL

Thank you Dave for being the management for this very worthy cause. It must have taken up a lot of time and effort. I'm sure Martin will appreciate it after he's calmed down.

Just received this latest reports from Jackie about Martin.....

a few days ago ........Yes he mentioned lager yesterday he still has his sense of humour he is really funny the staff are getting to know him and say he is lovely he wants to do things himself he is so independentToday, 15:20

Hello Martin is still doing well he is so happy that the visiting is starting up again one visitor per week by appointment only Martin gets to say and he chose me this time but can change weekly if he wants to see others , social worker wants me to be the power of attorney but unsure about that at the moment

Now he is allowed visitors it would be a good time to get the i pad or what ever to him .....

your thoughts on this .......

21 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Get Jackie to establish her power of attorney for Martin.

Then we move on the Ipad.

It's a big ask to ask her to take on power of attorney just to get Martin his iPad.

It would be for the best as it would protect the iPad from being sold off by his sisters, but it is quite an imposition on Jackie

47 minutes ago, grrclark said:

It's a big ask to ask her to take on power of attorney just to get Martin his iPad.

It would be for the best as it would protect the iPad from being sold off by his sisters, but it is quite an imposition on Jackie

it appears she is the only one that has stuck by him.......................i wish there were more folk like her...........it dosnt need to be "an eduring power of aturony"....just a "tempory one"

Just now, ditchman said:

it appears she is the only one that has stuck by him.......................i wish there were more folk like her...........it dosnt need to be "an eduring power of aturony"....just a "tempory one"

I agree and I hope that she does take on that responsibility if that is Martin's wish, but we should not ad to the pressure of her making that decision just to get Martin his iPad.

Well had a good long talk with Jackie  this afternoon see does not want to take on power of attorney she does not want to cause trouble with the family..A attached letter stating this iPad belongs to martin and Jackie ..would be the way to go....

She has a meeting on the 10th with Martin and the hospital to sort out visiting rights Jackie is the only person Martin has asked to see...

so its down to our idea of getting the iPad engraved so only Martin & Jackie have access to it...she said  he seems to be making out ok with the nursing staff...

they love his attitude to life and he has made some good friends among the staff.....

1 hour ago, hawkeye said:

Well had a good long talk with Jackie  this afternoon see does not want to take on power of attorney she does not want to cause trouble with the family..A attached letter stating this iPad belongs to martin and Jackie ..would be the way to go....

She has a meeting on the 10th with Martin and the hospital to sort out visiting rights Jackie is the only person Martin has asked to see...

so its down to our idea of getting the iPad engraved so only Martin & Jackie have access to it...she said  he seems to be making out ok with the nursing staff...

they love his attitude to life and he has made some good friends among the staff.....

That is entirely reasonable on her part and great news that Martin is doing fine.