Lord Geordie Support Fund Donations Very welcome

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we had better hurry then just got this from..Jackie       

Martin has had a goal assessment meeting today it went well Martin says he wants to be home in three months and go out to the pub , meet his friends , walk outside , and go fishing and shooting , there his goals which are very realistic , occupational therapist is meeting me at martins home address to look into having an additional hand rail fitted for him using stairs and equipment to help him in and out the bath , everyone is really happy with his progress , would be good to have him back home x

wait till he sees that his guns have gone 

1 hour ago, hawkeye said:

we had better hurry then just got this from..Jackie       

Martin has had a goal assessment meeting today it went well Martin says he wants to be home in three months and go out to the pub , meet his friends , walk outside , and go fishing and shooting , there his goals which are very realistic , occupational therapist is meeting me at martins home address to look into having an additional hand rail fitted for him using stairs and equipment to help him in and out the bath , everyone is really happy with his progress , would be good to have him back home x

wait till he sees that his guns have gone 

with the money that has been raised ....he can have a decent i-pad ...contract.....and still have money over for a decent PCP............come lets get on with it........the man is going to be spittin blood and feathers when he finds out what we have done .............:lol::good::lol::good::lol::good:

He will be spitting much worse when he finds out his sisters had his guns taken away by the police.

When he gets his iPad and logs on here, chances are he will read about his missing guns if he don't find out before receiving the I pad.

Edited by figgy

On 06/07/2020 at 19:28, figgy said:

He will be spitting much worse when he finds out his sisters had his guns taken away by the police.

When he gets his iPad and logs on here, chances are he will read about his missing guns if he don't find out before receiving the I pad.

Can they do that?

latest news from Jackie..

Hi the visit went well with Martin todayhe was walking without anything to help him he is so happy , and of course I am also was great to see him xSpoke to chris today also regarding the firearms he said the family decided to tell police to store them rather than sell once I became martins next of kin , he said the police destroyed the loading equipment only as far as he knows..

They had no right to do that it has nothing to do with his certificates .....

29 minutes ago, figgy said:

Claim time then, police shouldn't be destroying anything. If they didn't want to take and store them should have told family to make arrangements with other holders or rfd.

You don't have to be an rfd to hold reloading gear for shotguns nothing is on ticket they did a similar thing with a lad from Billingham took his guns and reloading gear they even lost the keys to his 2 safes cost them a bomb when he was acquitted  without even going to court.. they had to buy him new gun safes reloading machine the works..

They even took a sack full of coal dust that he had collected from the local beach stating it was gunpowder nearly wet myself laughing when he told me they were a bit red-faced when it was returned...

Edited by hawkeye

You know what they say....where there's blame, there's a claim!  I think that Martin will have a good case against the police if they've (actually) destroyed his gear!  @ Hawkeye.  Is Martin insured with BASC, etc, for his guns / equipment?  If so, maybe BASC or whoever could either contact the police regarding the removal of his reloading equipment and find out what the score is, or advise on a claim for loss of said items. 

I think the main aim would be to get Martin home and sorted for independent living as a first priority. 

there are enough of us around to loan him some bits and bobs if he is well enough to get out shooting. 

I would be happy enough to loan him one of my guns until he got sorted or to caddy his stuff between stands and reload if required. I’m sure there are many more on here who will also. 

From what i have been told the police came and removed his guns left no receipt or anything they also took his reloading gear..

As for that being destroyed that was what Jackie was told from Martins son Chris true or not i don't know..

After Jackie became his first contact the family told the police not to sell his guns but to store them

On 19/07/2020 at 15:03, hawkeye said:

From what i have been told the police came and removed his guns left no receipt or anything they also took his reloading gear..

As for that being destroyed that was what Jackie was told from Martins son Chris true or not i don't know..

After Jackie became his first contact the family told the police not to sell his guns but to store them

If the police took his guns and equipment they would have to log them in to their storage or log them with an rfd and there will be a record of that . They would not have the right to sell his guns . There surely would need to be due process before being allowed to destroy anything ..

Met Martin a few times over the years when I was still up in the land of the Jockinese savages & was passing by on the way to visit civilisation...lost touch over the last couple of years or so with the house move taking place and some minor issues with the old house we left taking time to sort out, etc.
Only just realised that he'd been taken ill and was having health issues THEN reading through the thread to see that the Police have been up to their typical antics in destroying private property that doesn't even need a licence to own!!

I'll replace his missing shotshell reloading press(es) - may not be like for like - but I seem to recall that I bought one of his spare UK made Bowman presses; I have a couple more of these as well as a few spare US made units; must have around a dozen different models of shotshell press, so more than happy to put one or two aside for him - as well as a few hundred hulls, plus wads and primers, etc.
He can sod off though if he thinks he's having any of my Nobel shotgun powders 😁

I can also likely sort him out with an air rifle if that appeals - got a few to choose from, have a weakness for classic (1970's-80's) springers 

Sad to read about him getting to come to terms with what has happened to him and shedding a few tears - can't be easy realising you support NUFC