Lord Geordie Support Fund Donations Very welcome

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a chat with Jacki and she said,thing have taken a turn for the worse,

On Monday Martin had a seizure and fall at home taken into the RVI hospital had a load of tests done everything was OK so taken back home. Then at 8pm the same night he had another seizure so taken back into the RVI as this time he hit his head badly and he was bleeding from his ear so he had loads of tests on his head and things just seen to be badly bruised.

They are doing tests and everything seems ok, but this time he has lost the ability to walk until this happened he was walking 5 to 6 miles a day with Jacki, She said it was his left leg that was causing the problem so Jacki has just got in  from work and is now going to see Martin at 4pm,,,

And to top of the week Jacki got a text from Martins sister at 3am this morning to tell her that Martins dad died in the early hours of this morning and Martin has been told but would she tell Chris.To me that is some thing that should be done by family as Jacki told them she was at work for 7am and just got home 3pm and was going straight to see Martin she does not seem to know if they have told chris yet...

Fingers crossed be glad when this crappy year is all behind us...

That is dreadful news to hear.

I take my hat of to Jackie, although I don’t know Martin personally I’m very glad that she is around for him.  The lady has a big heart and I hope she shares it with Martin for a very long time.

If Martin’s experience tells us anything, make the most of what we have while we have it.

Every single day is the start of a better new year, make the best of it that you possibly can as our grip on it can be so tenuous and slim.

Words don't make things easier at times like this but we all know that ..... time does help eventually but memories are what really help people get threw cack times like this ... 

So if you read this martin please rest assured everyone on here that knows you really feels for you and wishes you chris & jakie all the best .... 

Small words I know but seriously IF THERE'S ANYTHING I CAN DO YOU GOT MY NUMBER .....

Get well soon mate 

Just an update .......

I got a text from Jacki this morning to let me know that Martin is improving quite nicely he can now walk round to her home..

and they go out for walks and do some shopping His dad's funeral was yesterday he managed to go ok Chris went with him as Jacki could not get..

On 07/01/2021 at 14:52, hawkeye said:

Just an update .......

I got a text from Jacki this morning to let me know that Martin is improving quite nicely he can now walk round to her home..

and they go out for walks and do some shopping His dad's funeral was yesterday he managed to go ok Chris went with him as Jacki could not get..

It's great news that he can get out and about,  I'm sure that's a massive boost.

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update got a text from Jacki tuesday just gone didn't get around to answering her till later in the week as i was in hospital myself having biopsies taken out of my lung to see if what they have seen on last MRI scan was the big C or not will get results hopefully in next couple of weeks..

Anyway Martin had a episode and collapsed but this time he didnt hurt himself as it was on the grass right outside Jacki's house sent her a text on thursday to say hope things were going ok, got bad news he had had 2 more seizures and was taken back into hospital will update again when i hear more..