My new pistol

johnphilip

Just got this from Germany . On Thursday,  a Colt 45  Co 2  replica  in 177 pellet it has the aged look . Wow , I would hated to of been in a gun fight . They are not very easy to shoot 

Been a while since  I shot iron sights . The feel is amazing to hold . Realy quality built . The first thing the wife said was can we have a holster 😀😀

colt45 3.jpg

colt45 2.jpg

colt45.jpg

Ah - what nostalgia mixed with youthful dreams of saving a Damsel in distress. Fumbling fingers, trembling with excitement and huge expectations of things to come till the time to fire finally comes, then.............pop. What a disappointment! What an anti climax and flooding feelings of poor performance after such promise.

Wait a minute, might be getting mixed up with Friday Tiffin's with the mrs. 

There's alot to learn with pistol shooting.

Best sort sight picture out first, hard focus on foresight only. ( search google images ) then there's a thousand other things to take on board !

Loads of stuff on youtube and with practice you can become very good. 

Not sure if sights are adjustable. If not  your P.O.I. , elevation only,  can be changed with different pellet weights.

46 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

Ah - what nostalgia mixed with youthful dreams of saving a Damsel in distress. Fumbling fingers, trembling with excitement and huge expectations of things to come till the time to fire finally comes, then.............pop. What a disappointment! What an anti climax and flooding feelings of poor performance after such promise.

Wait a minute, might be getting mixed up with Friday Tiffin's with the mrs. 

At least you can shoot six times with this before you need to reload 🤠.

11 minutes ago, Robertt said:

There's alot to learn with pistol shooting.

Best sort sight picture out first, hard focus on foresight only. ( search google images ) then there's a thousand other things to take on board !

Loads of stuff on youtube and with practice you can become very good. 

Not sure if sights are adjustable. If not  your P.O.I. , elevation only,  can be changed with different pellet weights.

No it's a fixed sight , my problem  at the mo is , shooting shotguns for so long and ignoring  the sight . I have been watching a few videos , re hard focusing  on the sight  and let your target be a blur . With this lockdown I wanted something to play about with in my large garden . Yes I think pellet will play a big part in it . Need to set the gun up and see were its firing first ...... I am enjoying it , something new . Get about 70 shots to a 12 gram capsule  . So not to bad . Thanks for the tips ..

1 hour ago, johnphilip said:

Can you explain more please . 

Do you mean these .  This has a co2 cartridge  that fits into the handle 

Screenshot_20200523-152452_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yeh soon as I posted n looked at pic again I answered my own question 

the brocock ones were charged then put into pistol or rifle in some cases ,think they are legal to own but can’t be sold but I’m not 100% on that 

2 hours ago, pork chop said:

the brocock ones were charged then put into pistol or rifle in some cases ,think they are legal to own but can’t be sold but I’m not 100% on that 

Legal to own but only on a FAC and each one you own has to be registered and entered on your ticket.

You cannot sell or give away them to anyone. If you no longer have a FAC and possess one, your options are mostly limited to handing in to the police for destruction or possibly sell abroad if it worth’s the hassle 

55 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

Can we buy these without a licence in Scotland? Sorry, i’m not really up on the licensing of airguns these days

It sure but doesn’t plod have to come and check your back garden if you want to do some plinking?

7 hours ago, humperdingle said:

Can we buy these without a licence in Scotland? Sorry, i’m not really up on the licensing of airguns these days

No you need a license for air rifle / pistol  around 70 quid i think but if you have SGC or FAC  then a fiver is all it runs along side the other co  whats its name . They run out together the guns dont go on your ticket . It just a license to allow you  have one . 

12 hours ago, stuartyboy said:

Legal to own but only on a FAC and each one you own has to be registered and entered on your ticket.

You cannot sell or give away them to anyone. If you no longer have a FAC and possess one, your options are mostly limited to handing in to the police for destruction or possibly sell abroad if it worth’s the hassle 

Is that new..ish then? Because I had one years ago which I bought from a shop. All I remember is getting peed off with hand pumping every shell. Can't even remember what I did with it.

1 hour ago, Robden said:

that new..ish then? Because I had one years ago which I bought from a shop. All I remember is getting peed off with hand pumping every shell. Can't even remember what I did with it.

I think it was about 2004 they brought the act in? The problem is that’s it’s a mandatory 5 year jail time if caught in possession of one without a FAC for it. 

I had one too as did thousands of people. And out of the thousands, how many are aware of the change in law and risk prosecution when they find them in the loft and decide to have a shot in the back garden not realising they’re looking at a 5 year stretch. And this law is UK wide (not sure about Northern Ireland) and doesn’t just apply to Scotland and their airgun licensing laws. 

2 hours ago, johnphilip said:

No you need a license for air rifle / pistol  around 70 quid i think but if you have SGC or FAC  then a fiver is all it runs along side the other co  whats its name . They run out together the guns dont go on your ticket . It just a license to allow you  have one . 

Spot on but unlike a SGC, you need ‘good reason’ to have an Air Weapon Certificate in Scotland. Obviously good reason includes target shooting but I don’t know if you would need to be in a club or if plinking in your garden would count as good reason, which I’m guessing most folk would use an air pistol for.

Edited by stuartyboy

28 minutes ago, stuartyboy said:

I think it was about 2004 they brought the act in? The problem is that’s it’s a mandatory 5 year jail time if caught in possession of one without a FAC for it. 

I had one too as did thousands of people. And out of the thousands, how many are aware of the change in law and risk prosecution when they find them in the loft and decide to have a shot in the back garden not realising they’re looking at a 5 year stretch. And this law is UK wide (not sure about Northern Ireland) and doesn’t just apply to Scotland and their airgun licensing laws. 

Spot on but unlike a SGC, you need ‘good reason’ to have an Air Weapon Certificate in Scotland. Obviously good reason includes target shooting but I don’t know if you would need to be in a club or if plinking in your garden would count as good reason, which I’m guessing most folk would use an air pistol for.

Yes I think the size of your garden  is a big factor , I also stated that live so close to the farm , and rats were a problem.

59 minutes ago, humperdingle said:

I have SGC but would probably need to pay the full amount for a new airgun licence 😞

Thing is, these low-powered pistols can easily be used in a garage for informal target shooting. 

No as long as you go co- terminus, with your with your shot gun , howling has your SGC go left to run .