Jimmys Farm

PPP

I watched this show with the kids and it was pretty easy going but I was impressed that:

a) they didn’t shy away from the distressing parts of still birth animals, infact animal rejection and animals having to be put down.
b) they made the link to hedgehog survival and lack of badgers abundantly clear

They could teach countryfile a thing or two ..

Him having a degree in it and being a realist is good. Kids need to.lesrn where meat comes from and how things work on farms. 

Contryfile has became far too fluffy and censored. Adam should be showing more real.life on his farm.

This farming life is better to watch.

4 hours ago, figgy said:

Him having a degree in it and being a realist is good. Kids need to.lesrn where meat comes from and how things work on farms. 

Contryfile has became far too fluffy and censored. Adam should be showing more real.life on his farm.

Adams farm isn't real. I never watch it but for some reason it was on when they did a tour round the lambing shed. There's not another shed like his in the country unless it's at a college I can guarantee. If they showed the reality of sitting in a shed, in the rain, in February, bottle feeding a set of twins at 3am that you've had to wean because their mothers gone down with mastitis, whilst another ewe is trying to have a set of twins at the same time backwards then people might appreciate the effort put into getting meat on to their plates. Or the other reality of sitting in a shed all night whilst nothing happens 😂

2 hours ago, Benthejockey said:

Adams farm isn't real. I never watch it but for some reason it was on when they did a tour round the lambing shed. There's not another shed like his in the country unless it's at a college I can guarantee. If they showed the reality of sitting in a shed, in the rain, in February, bottle feeding a set of twins at 3am that you've had to wean because their mothers gone down with mastitis, whilst another ewe is trying to have a set of twins at the same time backwards then people might appreciate the effort put into getting meat on to their plates. Or the other reality of sitting in a shed all night whilst nothing happens 😂

Every time I’ve glimpsed two minutes of Adam’s farm I say, “if he’s a farmer my ***** a bloater.”

23 hours ago, figgy said:

yeah have to agree with this farming life is probably the best, the Buffalo farmer is brilliant, and the couple who keep popping kids out for fun and how the kids all have there own jobs around the farm

On 23/05/2020 at 08:56, PPP said:

I watched this show with the kids and it was pretty easy going but I was impressed that:

a) they didn’t shy away from the distressing parts of still birth animals, infact animal rejection and animals having to be put down.
b) they made the link to hedgehog survival and lack of badgers abundantly clear

They could teach countryfile a thing or two ..

Adam Henson's Farm is only 20 miles away from me,

Cotswold Farm Park is basically a rare breeds farm, open to the General public for 10 months of the year, about a tenner to get in I think, all the usual attractions, shop, camping, kids fun rides, cafeteria etc.........plenty of staff about..........so not a 'Real' farm......as has been said.

Check out Cotswold Farm park on line for details.......obviously closed at the moment.......even to Dominic Cummings :lol: 

On 24/05/2020 at 20:25, twenty said:

Cotswold Farm Park is basically a rare breeds farm, open to the General public for 10 months of the year, about a tenner to get in I think, all the usual attractions, shop, camping, kids fun rides, cafeteria etc.........plenty of staff about..........so not a 'Real' farm......as has been said.

Check out Cotswold Farm park on line for details.......obviously closed at the moment.......even to Dominic Cummings  

He only rents the farm more like a BBC farmer

On 24/05/2020 at 20:25, twenty said:

Check out Cotswold Farm park on line for details.......obviously closed at the moment.......even to Dominic Cummings  

Hello my children use to love going 

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

He only rents the farm more like a BBC farmer

Yeah, it suits the BBC's agenda perfectly doesn't it.......The cleanest farm I've ever seen......and nothing dies.......its amazing.

I wonder whether any pest control goes on ........doubt it.

All the best :good:

Not perfect, but at least his, Jimmy's farm and the like gets kids and folk engaged with animals, farming and countryside. How else could you let/take kids on a working farm these days? You couldn't. Also think the open farm Sundays real farmers do are great. . . . Adam is a shooting man! Done talk and presented the Purdey Farm Shoot Conservation Awards the other year.       NB 

6 hours ago, NatureBoy said:

Not perfect, but at least his, Jimmy's farm and the like gets kids and folk engaged with animals, farming and countryside. How else could you let/take kids on a working farm these days? You couldn't. Also think the open farm Sundays real farmers do are great. . . . Adam is a shooting man! Done talk and presented the Purdey Farm Shoot Conservation Awards the other year.       NB 

If Adam is a shooting man, I bet the Countryfile producers like to keep that quiet, I've never heard any local guns mention him being on a peg......and I shoot regularly in the Cotswolds.

Although he does seem a genuine bloke, he opened a new agricultural building at Hartpury college some years ago, and came over as  a decent chap.

All the best

2 hours ago, AVB said:

I know of Jimmy’s farm but never heard of Adams farm? What/where is it? 

Adam Henson's, rare breeds of farm animals....opened by his father in 1971.

Cotswold Farm Park,

Guiting Power,

Cheltenham.

And Countryfile BBC.

1 hour ago, twenty said:

If Adam is a shooting man, I bet the Countryfile producers like to keep that quiet, I've never heard any local guns mention him being on a peg......and I shoot regularly in the Cotswolds.

Although he does seem a genuine bloke, he opened a new agricultural building at Hartpury college some years ago, and came over as  a decent chap.

All the best

He and his family had death threats after he done a piece on Countryfile about culling badgers. I was just going by what mates said who were at/met him at Purdey awards. They won silver that year and reckoned he top bloke knows is stuff!  Good on his dad for starting the rare breed stuff! Part of our rural history and culture. . . Was talking the other day to folk about how the Suffolk Punch heavy horse is now more rare than pandas and they laughed. If it wasn't for the Hoseley Bay prison farm they would probably be gone by now. Think Adam has at least one, so good on him!        NB

1 minute ago, NatureBoy said:

He and his family had death threats after he done a piece on Countryfile about culling badgers. I was just going by what mates said who were at/met him at Purdey awards. They won silver that year and reckoned he top bloke knows is stuff!  Good on his dad for starting the rare breed stuff! Part of our rural history and culture. . . Was talking the other day to folk about how the Suffolk Punch heavy horse is now more rare than pandas and they laughed. If it wasn't for the Hoseley Bay prison farm they would probably be gone by now. Think Adam has at least one, so good on him!        NB

Yeah I like him, and his dad was a rare breeds fanatic, it was him that virtually single handed saved the Gloucester Cattle breed, there was only one herd left in 1972.

Joe Henson, (Adams Dad), purchased some, and slowly helped to bring them back, they are still in the' rare' category, but numbers are now steadily increasing.  

As I said before, he seems like a top bloke, I would certainly like to share a day with him in the hide, I reckon he would be good company.

All the best.

1 hour ago, twenty said:

All the best

He does shoot clays as I’ve seen him shooting with his son at Cotswold Clay Club. I agree that game shooting may not sit too well with many Countryfile viewers.

1 hour ago, MrPhantom said:

He does shoot clays as I’ve seen him shooting with his son at Cotswold Clay Club. I agree that game shooting may not sit too well with many Countryfile viewers.

Good! Next generation! I don't think the general public as bothered about game shooting/shooting as WJ and other anti groups would have you think. We notice it more because they accuse us of all sorts of things trying threaten to our way of life. A lot of people i have spoke to have been supportive or indifferent if you give them some true facts.        NB