Can i purchase/sell at the moment

Arley

On ‎23‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 10:20, Arley said:

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has already been covered?

Can I buy or sell a shotgun/rifle at the moment, I have emailed my licensing department and I am waiting a reply.

All transactions will be with private vendors, I am buying a rifle and selling a number of shotguns, just wondering if allowed at the minute with the partial lifting of the lock down?

Thank you

yes you can I have bought 2 shotguns and sold one and put a deposit down on a new .308

Derbyshire firearms told me as long as you social distance. it can be done easy at home nobody has to come into your property. I did the sale outside in garage at back of house while keeping 2mtr apart. Don't even need to hand over cash if bacs transfer used. make sure everything touched is cleaned and sanitise hands after. no issue.

Edited by SPARKIE

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Old farrier said:

So we have established through common sense 

you picked out the most risky person to sell to and you have not a clue as to the protocols and guidance issued on social distancing and contact with non household members 

your occupation seems to make you think it’s ok for someone to come over and have a chat buy a gun etc 

sadly at this moment in time your way off the mark 

DF183BBC-5F97-4310-AD98-6D3D06CFF8E9.png

Thanks for the info’. It doesn’t change anything as far as I’m concerned however; it’s idiotic in its lack of logic.
It would appear it makes no sense to any of those whose houses I’m painting either. They certainly aren’t bothered.  It’s not like I’m a plumber or electrician doing essential work, it’s only paint! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

Thanks for the info’. It doesn’t change anything as far as I’m concerned however; it’s idiotic in its lack of logic.
It would appear it makes no sense to any of those whose houses I’m painting either. They certainly aren’t bothered.  It’s not like I’m a plumber or electrician doing essential work, it’s only paint! 🙂

It’s not a problem and I’m sure you’re working safely 

no government has applied logic to anything in my lifetime so no reason to think they will now 

the only problem is people are still catching it and ending up in hospital 

16 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Ok let’s put common sense to the test 

your selling a gun 

all these people want to buy it who do you pick

dentist 

undertaker 

school teacher 

farrier 

all can be there all have the money 

pick the one least risk to sell it to face to face 

assuming it is okay to ask them there occupation 

Can I join in the Quiz? My answer is The first one to arrive with the correct certification and cash! How’s that for common sense!!