Can i purchase/sell at the moment

Arley

Hi Guys,

Sorry if this has already been covered?

Can I buy or sell a shotgun/rifle at the moment, I have emailed my licensing department and I am waiting a reply.

All transactions will be with private vendors, I am buying a rifle and selling a number of shotguns, just wondering if allowed at the minute with the partial lifting of the lock down?

Thank you

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really can’t see why not. People are buying and selling all manner of non essential items on a daily basis.
We really do need to get away from this ‘can I do this’ can I do that’ ...’ will I get into trouble with the police’ sort of mentality!
It’s driving me crackers! Just use your common sense. PLEASE! 

2 minutes ago, Scully said:

I really can’t see why not. People are buying and selling all manner of non essential items on a daily basis.
We really do need to get away from this ‘can I do this’ can I do that’ ...’ will I get into trouble with the police’ sort of mentality!

RANT OVER.

The op says all transactions will be worth private vendors..so should be outside and no less than 2M apart ... not sure how this will work with firearms? Also, how will they be decontaminated?

People cocking around making up their own rules based on boredom rather than science will mean that the measures are in place for longer further damaging society and economy, just like the **** heads from Manchester who took a day trip to Southend (nice) with thousands of their new best friends this week..

4 hours ago, PPP said:

The op says all transactions will be worth private vendors..so should be outside and no less than 2M apart ... not sure how this will work with firearms? Also, how will they be decontaminated?

People cocking around making up their own rules based on boredom rather than science will mean that the measures are in place for longer further damaging society and economy, just like the **** heads from Manchester who took a day trip to Southend (nice) with thousands of their new best friends this week..

If we can buy vehicles, which we can, and groceries, which we can, and boots ( got a new pair last week ) and beer, and take away food, paint, plants, ladders, clothes, freshly made sandwiches, cups of take away coffee, etc etc etc etc....and shotgun cartridges, and even go clay pigeon shooting, why oh why couldn’t anyone buy a shotgun? Get a grip folks, please. 

4 minutes ago, Scully said:

If we can buy vehicles, which we can, and groceries, which we can, and boots ( got a new pair last week ) and beer, and take away food, paint, plants, ladders, clothes, freshly made sandwiches, cups of take away coffee, etc etc etc etc....and shotgun cartridges, and even go clay pigeon shooting, why oh why couldn’t anyone buy a shotgun? Get a grip folks, please. 

You forgot houses, flats etc.

After viewing by entering the property, something you can't do with friends or family.

Edited by Newbie to this

I sold a fac air rifle to someone who had to travel a long ways to get here, we took the precaution of him calling his feo and asking whether it was ok to be told that so long as I was ok with it there was no issue, my own feo said the same so we went ahead and did the deal and sent off the paperwork etc,. 

As Scully says why not. 

56 minutes ago, Scully said:

That’s really simple, because these are from business which have conducted risk assessments and have approved and appropriate ppe in place.

You cant drop by a strangers house for a cup of tee for obvious reasons, you can’t pop round to buy a gun for the same reasons

Obvious really 

Edited by PPP

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Yup, I emailed BASC  and my FEO to ask about buying. No reply, well over a week.

Used my common sense, guy came out side, laid his gun licence down on a table, so did I. Both read each others. Brought out gun, laid it on table. I checked it over, saw the "extras", bartered. Put gun in slip and in car. Money on table. He wrote on my licence, put it on table.

Transaction done. Gloves off, binned. Home. Cleaned gun, emailed firearms.

Firearms emailed back about 4 hours later. Job done.

51 minutes ago, PPP said:

That’s really simple, because these are from business which have conducted risk assessments and have approved and appropriate ppe in place.

You cant drop by a strangers house for a cup of tee for obvious reasons, you can’t pop round to buy a gun for the same reasons

Obvious really 

That’s just silly! Go on then, describe to me how the process of buying or selling a shotgun puts anyone more at risk than buying say, groceries, a lottery ticket, a pair of boots or a freshly made sandwich. 

13 minutes ago, PPP said:

BECAUSE with all of the above you are NOT visiting someone’s house, it’s very simple.

The processes are exactly the same, whether you’re visiting someone’s house or going to the shops. I visit someone’s house everyday, as do carers and many others.

You don't need to seek police permission for any of it, you just need to apply a little bit of common sense. It really is that simple. 

7 hours ago, Scully said:

Couldn’t agree more! I get the feeling that some people want to stay in this situation for ever. We need to remember we thought for ourselves before so let’s not get out of the habit!

9 minutes ago, PPP said:

**** me... that’s work though right?

Surely you are not just cocking around going to strangers houses everyday? The restrictions are really very clear and very easy to understand

Yes, of course it’s work, but the precautions are exactly the same. 
There is nothing to prevent anyone from buying or selling a shotgun; why on earth should there be? And you certainly don’t need the permission of the police; the idea is ridiculous! 
There is no difference between buying something from someone’s house or a shop...we all apply common sense and the necessary precautions are exactly the same,  unless you know different of course. 

14 hours ago, Scully said:

Yes, of course it’s work, but the precautions are exactly the same. 
There is nothing to prevent anyone from buying or selling a shotgun; why on earth should there be? And you certainly don’t need the permission of the police; the idea is ridiculous! 
There is no difference between buying something from someone’s house or a shop...we all apply common sense and the necessary precautions are exactly the same,  unless you know different of course. 

I see where you are coming from in principle of course BUT the restrictions are that you CAN NOT just drop by someone’s house for anything not essential (ie work or caring as you outline) as such this shouldn’t be going ahead.  I hope that the police will take a dim view of anyone ignoring restrictions as it’s a valid assessment of their character.

22 hours ago, Scully said:

Spot on Scully, 👍

1 hour ago, PPP said:

I see where you are coming from in principle of course BUT the restrictions are that you CAN NOT just drop by someone’s house for anything not essential (ie work or caring as you outline) as such this shouldn’t be going ahead.  I hope that the police will take a dim view of anyone ignoring restrictions as it’s a valid assessment of their character.

We’re not going to agree. 
I can’t see how the police could take a dim view really, when logic and common sense dictates all manner of other sales which can and are taking place.
You don’t have to ‘ go cocking around’ in anyone’s house to buy a shotgun, you just need to apply common sense and logic to any given situation, which is also a valid assessment of someone’s character in my opinion.