Adult dog weight cocker spaniel

Hi all had my pup 2 weeks now coming along great.He is a decent sized dog last couple of days looking on thin size.His food asks for adult weight and then his current age and give you grams to feed he’s on essential the beginning food.What do you think would be the estimated weight of adult dog cocker I’m going on about 13/14kg is that about right.thanks 

It’s essentials beginning food it’s dry food 85% meat 15% veg it’s a danish company feeding instructions are adult weight of dog then you gauge that against current age of dog. He’s 9.5 weeks old and it recommends 165g per day at that age.Wormed him on wed.Will keep an eye on him he’s put 400grams since we got him he’s 4.2kg now.cheers for the reply’s 

The amount on the label is just a guide, if the dog looks a bit too thin then feed it more and it’ll gain weight. 

I like to add thinks rather than just plain food, eggs, oily fish, raw green tripe, raw meat. 

My dog was rubbish on n kibble but looking good now. 

One way of feeding a pup if you haven't got another dog is to put a large bowl of dry food down and leave it 2 hours and let them eat what they want. You need to weigh your dog regularly if you do this and weigh the food before and after to see how much they are eating. Unless you have a greedy dog it should self regulate.

This doesn't work with most labradors.

If it's of any help,I've 3 here 8 wks old,, these are solid pups,,weighed at vets friday,,,3.3 girl, 3.6..girl 3.7...dog...so yours came to you I'd guess at roughly same weight as I have now,,so ceems fine to me,,as they grow they are quite gangly it takes I'd say 18mths for cockers to fill out and look proportioned as such.....