Chick Peas ........ Any good ??

marsh man

This is the first time ever we are growing Chick Peas , they only went in today and when I looked this afternoon the only Peas I could see were the ones that dropped out of the drill when the farm boys loaded it up , the seed I could see were White , have any you boys shot over Chick Peas before , if so are they any different from the green variety ?

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

"garbanzo beans" I think the first ever UK harvest of Uk chick peas was only last year and they were produced in Norfolk, I read a interesting article on the limited production so there might only be very limited experience on them MM.

atb

7diaw

THANKS for that 7diaw ........ In that case I could be the P W guinea pig on these so called garbanzo beans , sound good to me:yahoo:

13 hours ago, marsh man said:

This is the first time ever we are growing Chick Peas , they only went in today and when I looked this afternoon the only Peas I could see were the ones that dropped out of the drill when the farm boys loaded it up , the seed I could see were White , have any you boys shot over Chick Peas before , if so are they any different from the green variety ?

Watch, Waite And report Please.

8 hours ago, dead eye alan said:

Watch, Waite And report Please.

Certainly will Alan , Ironically enough , last night I was telling Muncher how devoid Pigeons were on my patch and then after being out most of the day today I didn't take my dog out to look at the Peas till around 6pm and low and behold I did put up a good 100 or so , maybe the N/ Norfolk boys have been giving them a bit of stick and some of them decided to come south for a bit of peace and quite , now if they hang about, one day this week they won't get the reception they were hopping for :lol: