Anyone tried these hide tables

Si-Bore

No i can not say i have, and sorry but i think its a lot of money for what it offers. I do not mind spending money, if the product offers real world practicality and usefulness. I dare say some could like such a item, but for me its just too unnecessary. and furthermore i think i could use some other home made or adapted item that would be free. Just saying.

I use one similar in the hide for a cpl of years  , but just use it mainly for a cuppa n sarnies and a few cartridges off tea times, but never lean my gun against it, find it quite useful especially as we all know birds will decoy  as soon as its cuppa and  sarnie time. 

1 hour ago, deny essex said:

I use one similar in the hide for a cpl of years  , but just use it mainly for a cuppa n sarnies and a few cartridges off tea times, but never lean my gun against it, find it quite useful especially as we all know birds will decoy  as soon as its cuppa and  sarnie time. 

It's the smell of the tea and the jam and butter that attracts them.

why        sometimes less is more        bury yourself in a hedge bottom with a net over your legs  leave only footprints      clean up **** and take it home         fieldcraft   travel light       best days shooting I had with a seat   was  sat in the shadow of a very large oak tree no net / nothing    just moved with the shadow    in the blazing sun    im in a shadow   20+ yards from the hedge line      field craft saves opening your wallet to the latest gimic      or make what you need yourself from bits about the house or shed   (repurpose)       rather than buy what you think you need    (field craft  most important   )  invent your own gear  use shadows to your advantage            I have shot with Italians in a bale hide   (what an eye opener)      a choice of dried meats and cheeses  biscuits    breads  olives and other fruits and  ample bottles  wines on a table cloths the likes I had never witnessed at a family gettogether        really nice guys couldn't shoot the skin off a rice pudding   my advice   travel light use fieldcraft /natural vegetation / flight lines / less plastic decoys / leave the countryside untouched as much as possible by your presence          if you don't stand out you will be more successful        no amount of wallet opening will help (  less is more ) use your brain work out why      rather than if I buy 

On 24/05/2020 at 01:39, Saltings said:

why        sometimes less is more        bury yourself in a hedge bottom with a net over your legs  leave only footprints      clean up **** and take it home         fieldcraft   travel light       best days shooting I had with a seat   was  sat in the shadow of a very large oak tree no net / nothing    just moved with the shadow    in the blazing sun    im in a shadow   20+ yards from the hedge line      field craft saves opening your wallet to the latest gimic      or make what you need yourself from bits about the house or shed   (repurpose)       rather than buy what you think you need    (field craft  most important   )  invent your own gear  use shadows to your advantage            I have shot with Italians in a bale hide   (what an eye opener)      a choice of dried meats and cheeses  biscuits    breads  olives and other fruits and  ample bottles  wines on a table cloths the likes I had never witnessed at a family gettogether        really nice guys couldn't shoot the skin off a rice pudding   my advice   travel light use fieldcraft /natural vegetation / flight lines / less plastic decoys / leave the countryside untouched as much as possible by your presence          if you don't stand out you will be more successful        no amount of wallet opening will help (  less is more ) use your brain work out why      rather than if I buy 

So, what is your point?

5 hours ago, motty said:

So, what is your point?

Simply travel light I believe.  I have had some nice mornings shooting just wearing a hand made ghillie suit, but have to admit these days I do like my comforts, large flask of strength 6 coffee, large pack of biscuits, maybe a bar or two of Whisper Gold and a comfy chair to fall aslepp in:yes:.   One or two permanent locations I have fettled hides into convenient thick hedges on known flight lines and then a few dead birds and a lightweight stool, gun and shells is all thats needed.  I'm no expert pigeon guru but I enjoy myself all the same.

I don’t like to spend money on a whim, so if I needed a table it would be two short lengths of off cut roofing batten, a piece of off cut 18mm ply and a couple of screws then borrow a broom handle. If I find the prototype useful after a couple of seasons I will invest in the real thing, by then I will know how I use it and what features I want. 

The point is that the Italians were treating their day out as an experience not just as an opportunity to shoot pigeons. 

what about field craft?

On 23/05/2020 at 22:14, Si-Bore said:

I use one it saves me bending down to grab my coffee and I put a handful of cartridges on it. I did a slight modification to it I drilled a small hole in each corner and lightly countersunk them both sides because if it rains it lets the water run out I've found it very useful. 

For those that consider the table expensive let me break the price down into reality for you. I have no connection with A1 apart from having met them at shows now and again but I do understand mail order via ebay.

Start with £19 as near as

£3.80 goes to the VAT man

Leaves £15.20

Ebay and paypal fees are £2.46

Leaves £12.74

Postage Costs £2.95 if you have a franking machine

Leaves £9.79

So A1 have to pay for the product (likely to be a significant investment as you usually have to order a fair number to get a price)

They have to pay for the labour to pack it, the packaging, the printer to print the label, someone to answer 'where is my order? What size is it? How long will it take to arrive? queries - even though that information is available in the listing. Cover the cost of the dishonest who claim that it never arrived or spend around £1 having it tracked. Cover the cost of damaged packages.

I reckon if they can clear a fiver in profit it will be a miracle which means they need to sell 60000 units to afford their next roller - after all that is what all rip off retailers drive isn't it?