Cold Frames,

redial

On 24/05/2020 at 13:00, islandgun said:

I made some cold frames with 45mm plastic pipe bent over in hoops with polytunnel plastic over the top, dig in one side and shut the other with sandbags..cheap and cheerful, [similar to pic]  but i tied 32mm water pipe along the length with bike inner tubes it resembled an upturned boat and was very wind resistant 

pr2000016067.jpg.8b5e2b607b00d518036bc3dafb7424ff.jpg

I did a similar thing using old blue water pipe. Push a bit of broom handle in each end with a point and push into the ground.

3 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Cold Frames and Cloches are different things though!

+1. It may look like a cold frame but is it? Or is it something else. A polytunnel? A cloche? Thus my earlier post of the USS Nimitz and the HMS Queen Elizabeth. At least somebody finally got there. 

Edited by enfieldspares

33 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

+1. It may look like a cold frame but is it? Or is it something else. A polytunnel? A cloche? Thus my earlier post of the USS Nimitz and the HMS Queen Elizabeth. At least somebody finally got there. 

Oh I got there a long time ago when I posted my pictures and was chatting with the OP via email.:good:

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE
CAPITALISATION!