Bird I’d

Jacko3275

We had a pair here on the edge of Four Counties..Leics  Have not seen them this year yet.  Had a funny incident ...oh maybe 7 -8yrs ago maybe more, I was sitting in a friends garden drinking tea and talkning birds. He said he wished he could see a red kite and a few seconds later we looked up and there where three passing over heading towards Derby.  Absolutely beautiful bird. They used to swoop down and check us out in high seats on the edge of Marlborough Downs passing within a yard or so.

11 hours ago, kenholland said:

when I used to shoot clays at e j churchhills  high Wycombe bucks , there were loads about , saw a sign saying do not feed the kites , and keep small dogs on a lead .

I have some stalking in Oxfordshire, not a million miles from High Wycombe. If you shoot a deer and hang it in a tree to bleed for collection later, when you return there are often twenty five kites sitting up the tree. A mate had a Munty carcase almost completely ruined by them.

36 minutes ago, London Best said:

I have some stalking in Oxfordshire, not a million miles from High Wycombe. If you shoot a deer and hang it in a tree to bleed for collection later, when you return there are often twenty five kites sitting up the tree. A mate had a Munty carcase almost completely ruined by them.

No mate that's the big cats that roam the countryside 😁😁😎