Rough shooting

Shotguneddy

Went out yesterday morning for a couple of hours to do a bit of rough shooting sat in tyre tracks of almost 4 foot barley I had noticed an average flightline onto some drilled cover crop about half a mile behind me so out came the hushpower, as it’s near some houses ,50 cartridges and a little stool . I picked my location along a hedgerow with a big gap in about 30 yards wide ,what  I like to think is a pigeon shortcut, unfortunately it had to be in the sun. But with a strong wind on my back I sat and waited for my first victim which was a nice old rook about 20 mins in then it was quite steady for an hour before going dead enough for me to pack up and call it a day but I had a few good high shots and was happy with 13 mixed birds 10 picked for 23 fast windy shots sorry ranting

9D371691-663A-4203-B34E-7A65008E3BD9.jpeg

9 hours ago, Shotguneddy said:

Went out yesterday morning for a couple of hours to do a bit of rough shooting sat in tyre tracks of almost 4 foot barley I had noticed an average flightline onto some drilled cover crop about half a mile behind me so out came the hushpower, as it’s near some houses ,50 cartridges and a little stool . I picked my location along a hedgerow with a big gap in about 30 yards wide ,what  I like to think is a pigeon shortcut, unfortunately it had to be in the sun. But with a strong wind on my back I sat and waited for my first victim which was a nice old rook about 20 mins in then it was quite steady for an hour before going dead enough for me to pack up and call it a day but I had a few good high shots and was happy with 13 mixed birds 10 picked for 23 fast windy shots sorry ranting

9D371691-663A-4203-B34E-7A65008E3BD9.jpeg

nice one, is that a 410 or 20g

Just now, Shotguneddy said:

It’s a cheap pedretti 12g great little fun light easy to swing point and very good for killing crows which I usually favour

Cheers..I have a very cheap and falling apart Pedretti 410, very quiet, due [i think] to the full length mod. I have handled a 12 but thought it was cumbersome, would you recommend the 12 over the 20

11 hours ago, islandgun said:

Cheers..I have a very cheap and falling apart Pedretti 410, very quiet, due [i think] to the full length mod. I have handled a 12 but thought it was cumbersome, would you recommend the 12 over the 20

Personally mate I haven’t used a 20 yet due to the price of them I’ve heard there better than a 12 g from people on here I also have a full length mod 12 baikal and I literally can’t hit many at all with that the stocks to long the barrels to long and it ways a ton but starting to really get to grips now with the pedretti just waiting for more birds to show some interest thanks  

2 hours ago, Shotguneddy said:

Personally mate I haven’t used a 20 yet due to the price of them I’ve heard there better than a 12 g from people on here I also have a full length mod 12 baikal and I literally can’t hit many at all with that the stocks to long the barrels to long and it ways a ton but starting to really get to grips now with the pedretti just waiting for more birds to show some interest thanks  

Ok cheers..good luck