Hits and misses

Impressive. 

To those who come on the forum and immediately ask for shooting I say you could take a leaf out of Jacko's book.

He had a bit of a helping hand to start with then joined the NPPC and has shooting most weekends under his own steam.

Edited by JDog

1 hour ago, Jacko3275 said:

This weekends shooting over rape for NPPC not great amounts of pigeons but managed to bag 23 of the 26 hit probably missed as many but am still trying to improve 

Hi jacko3275, you’re doing ok on The nppc land are you in a position to be able to do any recon before you book out or do you just turn up and take your chances.

43 minutes ago, Jacko3275 said:

Turn up basically but the five fieldS nearest to me I have booked and spent a day at each looking for Feeding patterns and flight line round and about it the best I can do  and I’m getting a few shots at the moment 

Yes I’ve got the same sorts of issues, my nearest fields are a bit of a trek, so as you say it’s a turn up and  see job. Anyway I’ve enjoyed your videos ,you had a few dead in the air, so ya doing something right, keep em coming! ATB Paul.

25 to 35 mile for my nearest  but it’s ok as I don’t have a perm so at least it gets me out

9 minutes ago, Paul5tag said:

Yes I’ve got the same sorts of issues, my nearest fields are a bit of a trek, so as you say it’s a turn up and  see job. Anyway I’ve enjoyed your videos ,you had a few dead in the air, so ya doing something right, keep em coming! ATB Paul.

2 hours ago, PPP said:

Ouch!

If you can wait until Black Friday as they do a big discount, I got one last year for just under £450 as they do a sale in the US of 150 dollars off,  still a lot of money but good way to go back and see all my misses!!!

2 hours ago, JDog said:

Impressive. 

To those who come on the forum and immediately ask for shooting I say you could take a leaf out of Jacko's book.

He had a bit of a helping hand to start with then joined the NPPC and has shooting most weekends under his own steam.

Your invite about 12 month ago when  I was panicking about getting my licence and finally got was great and the first time I came I was hooked   And willing to learn of someone who has a wealth of knowledge on the subject.. I needed the great feeling and sometimes disappointment of shooting the best and most difficult avian Quarry/ pest ... wiihout people like you Jdog invitingly taking a stranger out I and others may not get so hooked... Thankyou 

Thankyou I hope I improve each time I go out but it can be frustrating at times don’t know wether you experienced  shots get them days when you miss more than you would normally 

4 hours ago, JDog said:

Praise indeed. 

4 hours ago, motty said:

Some good shots, there.

Edited by Jacko3275

20 hours ago, Jacko3275 said:

Thankyou I hope I improve each time I go out but it can be frustrating at times don’t know wether you experienced  shots get them days when you miss more than you would normally 

Yes, there are certainly days when missing can become more frequent. It is frustrating, though, missing birds that you know should be dead.

Good luck with your continued improvement.