Di-opter sight."It keeeels"

ditchman

my merc "s" is in bits....so i had to dust off my very old HW77....which i re-built a couple of years ago ....did some retro fitting to it and replaced an enormous gunsmith made mod....think it was first used as a range rifle...so that came off and i fitted it (had to make a few bits ) a genuine Alf Parker di-opter sight which was passed on to me by my mate Harnser who used to use it shooting out to 800metres

anyway i ve had a bloody gret ole rat running about in the garden the last couple of days ....and it was time for him to quite this sublunary abode....so out came the trusty HW77 out of the bedroom window.....loaded it up with and RBS ..............and took a couple of breaths to settle down and squeezed one off at 20 yds...right in the engine room on the shoulder,......that sucker wernt going anywhere

love the HW77 it looks the dogs doolies with the sight on...........those sights are truly weird....the mentally screw with your brain.....you sight pic is sooo clear ...from the aperture thro to the front sight ...thro to the target....i have to shoot it with my glasses off as it rectifys everything to perfect vision..............very very strange

its nice to pull the trigger again................

rats and stuff 001tn_.JPG

rats and stuff 002tn_.JPG

rats and stuff 003tn_.JPG

rats and stuff 004tn_.JPG

rats and stuff 005tn_.JPG

40 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Right i wanna see you reblue those barrels 👍

sorry all my guns are like that..........they all work perfect get wet muddy scratched and all have oiled stocks woodwork.....just keep an old wet oily rag in a jam jar and wipe em down now and agian.....cant be a doin with all this la-di-da  nancy boy stuff............

they are like me ...i may look the pits and all worn out ....but everything is in still perfect working order ...if you get my drift ..

2 minutes ago, ditchman said:

sorry all my guns are like that..........they all work perfect get wet muddy scratched and all have oiled stocks woodwork.....just keep an old wet oily rag in a jam jar and wipe em down now and agian.....cant be a doin with all this la-di-da  nancy boy stuff............

they are like me ...i may look the pits and all worn out ....but everything is in still perfect working order ...if you get my drift ..

Sorry i wasnt coming across as a **** there, just hoped youd do a thread on it. So many people mention it, but ive found the creams and jell **** as they only last a few years and i know if youd do it, it would be done proper. 

Somebody recently done a superstar, and it looked amazing, but he said the chemicals are now very hard to get. I think we are all capable of doing a stock to a degree, just metal work and craftsmanship amazes me. Plus ive guns i wanna reblue 🙈

10 minutes ago, strimmer_13 said:

Sorry i wasnt coming across as a **** there, just hoped youd do a thread on it. So many people mention it, but ive found the creams and jell **** as they only last a few years and i know if youd do it, it would be done proper. 

Somebody recently done a superstar, and it looked amazing, but he said the chemicals are now very hard to get. I think we are all capable of doing a stock to a degree, just metal work and craftsmanship amazes me. Plus ive guns i wanna reblue 🙈

to be honest chris at the gun shop keeps telling me ..."strip you guns down and prepare them and put them in my tank............"..........really i cant be bottomed to do it

On 25/05/2020 at 18:16, ditchman said:

Warranty issued by Sarah?

1 hour ago, oowee said:

That sight is a corker I want one 🙂 

only when you are a big boy...............

did you see the thread about me refitting it from a P14 to and HW...?

Edited by ditchman