Rat and Raptor

welsh1

Riding down the road today and these two jumped out from the hedge side, it doesn't look like it but a swift right left swerve stopped them being road kill, although i suspect the rat has breathed his last by now .I did stop and went back but the bird had taken his lunch elsewhere.

It

9 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

I think Rat made it. The last time stamp is 15:20:58 and Rat and Raptor are separate! I'd have thought both would have hightailed it out of there after your entry

I stopped at the bottom of the road and turned around and as i came back up he still had the rat, i went 50yds down to turn around and be able to park up and maybe get a pic and they had gone
In that still i think the angle makes them look seperate but he has him with his leg pushed back.

3 hours ago, welsh1 said:

It

I stopped at the bottom of the road and turned around and as i came back up he still had the rat, i went 50yds down to turn around and be able to park up and maybe get a pic and they had gone
In that still i think the angle makes them look seperate but he has him with his leg pushed back.

oh. well. he's a gonna then!

I had an experience yesterday with a Red tail Hawk i was running my cocker spaniel when she came across the hawk on the ground i walked up to it you could tell she was tame i video her then picked her up with a towel out of my van i put the video the Falconry page on FB within an hour she was reunited with the owner it turned out she had been lost for over 3 weeks the hawk was 32 yrs of age 

Edited by Rim Fire

7 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

I had an experience yesterday with a Red tail Hawk i was running my cocker spaniel when she came across the hawk on the ground i walked up to it you could tell she was tame i video her then picked her up with a towel out of my van i put the video the Falconry page on FB within an hour she was reunited with the owner it turned out she had been lost for over 3 weeks the hawk was 32 yrs of age 

Wow great job , and a good age for a bird , did not know they lived that long .

That’s superb, it’s amazing what you glimpse as you’re driving about.  I had this wee chap run out on me a couple of years back - it wasn’t so lucky I’m afraid, I suspect it’s mind was on dinner rather than the green cross code.

BF9BD131-453D-49FE-8871-4AF86E264F83.jpeg

23 minutes ago, NatureBoy said:

What fledgling had it got Jonty/ Hard to tell from pic. Young skylark?      NB

I’m afraid I couldn’t tell you - I wasn’t sure myself.  That said, I’ve just looked at some pics of young skylarks and it does look very similar.

4 minutes ago, panoma1 said:

Very useful tail, if you know a fly tyer........and you can stand the lingering mustelid stink! 😝!

Very true 😀 my fly tying box does have an aroma all of its own!

4 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

That's great, i bet the owner was over the moon.