ENFIELD P14 INFO

Fenlandbob

I'm sure it's already been asked before, but does anyone know the relevence of the 'sniper' type sling swivel mounted in front of the magazine on some Winchester built P14 rifles? I have just purchased one chambered in .410 and was looking for volley sights to get her back to original. Whilst looking around, I noticed that some have this extra sling swivel. Without wanting to sound like an anorak, should I be looking for this swivel, or would I be bolting stuff on that isn't relevent? Curious to see what you think. Many thanks.

Regards, Rob.

Done by the likes of Edna Parker, Parker-Hale, Fulton and others for NRA Target Rifle. It when original military configuration EITHER as a standard rifle OR as the Pattern '14(T) sniper rifle a standard screw there that simply just went up into the front of the receiver and held it and the front of the metalwork in place.

Cheers for the feedback, chaps. I nearly bought a target swivel from ebay, funnily enough..., 

As for the FAC, I'd like to be able to go down that route, but honestly don't think I can justify it. As it is, I've got a cupboard full of history that I can knock the odd pigeon about with. Works for me for the time being. Many thanks. 

Regards, Rob. 

These were restocked, by the military, I think at Weedon Bec and then re-issued without the volley sight for WWII. So you do see them just as you see SMLE MkIII^ with a stock that has never been fitted with volley sights and indeed therefore had never been inletted for and does not have the range quadrant on the forestock.

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

These were restocked, by the military, I think at Weedon Bec and then re-issued without the volley sight for WWII. So you do see them just as you see SMLE MkIII^ with a stock that has never been fitted with volley sights and indeed therefore had never been inletted for and does not have the range quadrant on the forestock.

Hello, mate. Incidentally, mine has got the range quadrant on the forestock. Might have a look and try to find the bits to reinstate them. I know, too much time on my hands....,