Prometheus Defiant Pellets

51/50

.22,5.50mm (medium) head diameter,14gn,now obsolete,does anyone know where i could possibly find some old stock of these?,in 2018 i managed to buy a few remaining boxes from an Ebay seller but i'm getting low on them now & cannot source any more,i was informed that they were re-branded as H&N Sniper Light,these are obtainable but scarce & i haven't tried them yet,i'd rather try & find original Defiants before going down that route,a few years back i bought an Mk2 R10 (sub 12) & tested many pellets,the Defiants came out tops & i've used nothing else since,my R10 is a proverbial 'tack driver' with them,does anyone else on here use the H&N Sniper Light pellets in a PCP?,if so,how do you rate them,are they good quality out of the tin?.

20200526-110551.jpg

59 minutes ago, 51/50 said:

.22,5.50mm (medium) head diameter,14gn,now obsolete,does anyone know where i could possibly find some old stock of these?,in 2018 i managed to buy a few remaining boxes from an Ebay seller but i'm getting low on them now & cannot source any more,i was informed that they were re-branded as H&N Sniper Light,these are obtainable but scarce & i haven't tried them yet,i'd rather try & find original Defiants before going down that route,a few years back i bought an Mk2 R10 (sub 12) & tested many pellets,the Defiants came out tops & i've used nothing else since,my R10 is a proverbial 'tack driver' with them,does anyone else on here use the H&N Sniper Light pellets in a PCP?,if so,how do you rate them,are they good quality out of the tin?.

20200526-110551.jpg

I used them in a bsa R10  very good hunting pellet, use some LT1 pellet lube, not seen any for sale in a long time

I've just checked,washed & lubed my last batch of Defiants,i just use 'Power' Pellet Lube,i've not came across many damaged Defiants in all the boxes i've gone through,to me they're a good & accurate pellet,the H&N Sniper Lights are seemingly made to the same spec so i guess i'm just going to have to get a tin & try them out,i hope i don't end up having to go through more testing.

Edited by 51/50

Thanks for the replies fellas,

An update on this & it's not good,thought i'd get myself a tin of Sniper Lights to trial but upon trying to source them on the net it soon became apparent that these were also in short supply,onto the H&N website & there was no sign of them in any caliber,i do recall seeing them on the H&N website not too many moons ago so it was now obvious there was something amiss,i subsequently emailed H&N Sport Germany to enquire & soon got the reply i was by then expecting.....

'Dear Mr. ########,
Thank you for your interest in our products. Unfortunately a short time ago our general manager decided that we will not produce the Sniper pellets any more. 
For this reason you won´t find these pellets on our website'

Just my luck! 😧,to add fuel to the fire i cannot find any of the targets i had from testing various pellets with the R10 back in 2016,they would have been damned handy now!,my memory isn't the best either so it's going to be testing time again when possible,however,luckily,i managed to scran another nearly full box of Defiants from a mate so i'm ok for a wee while yet (& he's ok for venison for a wee while yet!)

Any recommendations on which brands of pellets might be best suited to my R10 Mk2 sub 12 are most welcome,if only to narrow the field down a bit,i'm thinking @Ultrastu might be the man with the answer on this subject although i'm aware there are quite a few other air weapon gurus on this forum,
Thanks again folks.
Edited by 51/50

8 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Bisley Long Range Gold were the most accurate in my .22 BSA Scorpion T-10. Unregulated and sub 12 ft/lbs. If your R10 has a BSA barrel (which logically of course it will have) I'd try them.

Noted,thank you,tbh i've never even heard of them!,tomorrow i shall dig deeper into my 'room of doom' (my hoarder stylee,very large, all things shooting,walk in cupboard) & try & find some of the pellet sample packs i have somewhere from previous testing.

.22 pellets to try in your r10 with my fave and most likey to be best at the top 

1  Falcon accuracy plus 13.4 grn (same as jsb rs ) 

2  crosman ultra magnums (perms)14.3 grn 

3 bisley lrg 14 grn (can be a bit expensive)  

4  Jsb  jumbos at 16 grns (a bit heavy )

5   Rws superdomes at 14.5 grns (accurate  ,but poor bc) 

Thanks guys,very much appreciated!

I couldn't find any of the sample packs i had,it dawned on me that i gave away whatever was left with an Air Arms Pro Sport i sold last year.

RWS Superdomes i still have,i use them in my Diana 48 Firebird & i always used them in a previously owned HW80,if i recall the R10 didn't like them,i'm rebuilding an HW80 atm for a friend & i've a feeling that it 'might' end up being mine,i don't need it but after i've rebuilt it i know i will want it.... 😐

Going by @Ultrastu & @enfieldspares recommendations i will get sample packs of Falcon Accuracy plus 13.4gr,Crossman Ultra Magnums 14.3gr & Bisley Long Range Gold 14gr,they are all 5.50mm heads (same as my Defiants),it'll be interesting to see how the Falcons & Crossmans will perform given the different weights,the Bisleys @ 14gr are the same weight as the Defiants.

As for pellet samples,Pelletperfect have all 3 aforementioned availabe BUT did i see some really bad press about that company either on this forum or somewhere else recently or am i mistaken?

Thanks again.

Edited by 51/50

It could be a month or two before i get around to testing but i'll post the results on here after i do,i've enough Defiants to keep me going for while,i only really use the R10 on vermin in & around farm buildings & rabbits on certain ground where it's unsafe to use the rimfire,i've got rats to deal with on one farm soon,i've also got 2 new permissions for rabbits to organise & deal with as soon as this lockdown eases off a bit more,the rabbit population seems to be building up very slowly around here after the VHD devestated them a few years ago,it wiped them out almost overnight,vast numbers of them,bloody awful disease!

• 2 weeks later...

An update,i've tried buy some sample packs (Falcon Accuracy plus 13.4gr,Crossman Ultra Magnums 14.3gr & Bisley Long Range Gold 14gr,)from 'Pellet Perfect'  but unfortunately the Bisleys are out of stock,they are experiencing difficulty restocking a lot of different pellets just now which is understandable so i'll just have to hang fire for a while,i've also discovered that H&N not only rebranded Defiants as 'Sniper Light' but also went on to rebadge them as 'Remington Thunder'!,just what the h#ll is it with all this rebranding?!,it's enough to drive ya nuts!

34 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

How about each week, one contributer emails H&N for them to be put back into production as I use the Sniper Lights as well as find they work well in older BSA's.

Well I will do it. Do you have a contact email? 

I've been emailing Air Arms to try and persuade them that there's enough market interest for them to make a break barrel again and never had a response! Its likely a one man campaign. 

I'm just going to test & find another suitable brand to use,hopefully a brand that isn't likely to be rebranded or rebadged then put out of production for no apparent reason,i can't be doing with all this d#cking around every time i need to purchase pellets.

I've previously contacted H&N via sales@hn-sport.de

Edited by 51/50