Autobouncer

No. Flight line decoys make them Nick Tate. Not on the web site now was wondering if they were a novelty for a while at £200 you would have thought there would be more about them unless there just not selling.

I have 3 ff 5s and there awesome except they eat motors regularly . We recently purchased 2 ff 6 as they supposedly have better motors but we're not impressed at all they've turned the wing mount the opposite way and there falling off every five minutes. You would have thought when you have something that works why change it just improve it.

I have one and use it sometimes on tall crops as the bird lifts and then disappears. It's just another tool for pigeon shooting not sure it is essential but can be effective when they are magnet shy as with it being used with a remote you can attract a passing bird just enough for it to be interested but will not spook the incoming bird if it activates as it approaches on a timer. 

On 30/05/2020 at 09:57, dodgy dave said:

i just chuck a dead pigeon out the hide like archie coats taught me 

This does work but you need to carefully present the airborne dead bird, chucking it out as the pigeon is coming towards you is very rarely successful. 

ps. I still own a manual flapper called DeadCert which was better than nothing. 

On 31/05/2020 at 13:10, Hamster said:

This does work but you need to carefully present the airborne dead bird, chucking it out as the pigeon is coming towards you is very rarely successful. 

ps. I still own a manual flapper called DeadCert which was better than nothing. 

yea ditchy made some; good uns they were i missed out  he stopped making them   they costing more than he was selling them for either that or he took to wine women and song

Thirty odd years ago we would use four manual flappers ( pre magnet days) by a combination of pulleys and guy lines. These were very effective at pulling birds to your decoys. The only problem was picking up as we and the dog would catch the lines. We did attempt yo motorise them but the wires caused the same problem. We then went to a manual magnet built around a bicycle free wheel operated by a string  from the hide. When the market introduced mechanical flappers and magnets we became lazy and let someone else do the work.

2 hours ago, pigeon controller said:

Thirty odd years ago we would use four manual flappers ( pre magnet days) by a combination of pulleys and guy lines. These were very effective at pulling birds to your decoys. The only problem was picking up as we and the dog would catch the lines. We did attempt yo motorise them but the wires caused the same problem. We then went to a manual magnet built around a bicycle free wheel operated by a string  from the hide. When the market introduced mechanical flappers and magnets we became lazy and let someone else do the work.

Pigeons were not so smart 30+ years ago, 50 years ago you could put anything out in the field and they would decoy, my first decoys were made from hand painted cardboard, but they pulled the pigeons in, only problem was heavy rain, they went a bit limp. :)

3 hours ago, old'un said:

Pigeons were not so smart 30+ years ago, 50 years ago you could put anything out in the field and they would decoy, my first decoys were made from hand painted cardboard, but they pulled the pigeons in, only problem was heavy rain, they went a bit limp.

We had very little choice in those days , a very do it your self sport , you were constantly thinking about various ways to create movement amongst the decoys and then raising the decoys above whatever crop you were shooting over to attract the oncoming pigeons attention .

Nowadays even a cheap magnet cost more now than all the d i y gear put together in those far off days , poles were tile battens with a (v) on top and a point on the bottom , a oil drum for a seat , shell decoys made out of grey plastic guttering , cradles made from fencing wire , props under the pigeons chin were 9" bits of wire or kebab sticks, bouncers were the top half of fibre glass fishing rods and the sacks to put the pigeons in were meant for the Royal Mail , first thing I ever bought was some army heavy net from the back of the Shooting Times , now the poles are bought along with the nets , bouncers , magnet and the full body and flock shell decoys , other bits and pieces I still make them up myself , happy days.

I know exactly what you mean , In the late 60's when I started all I had was some old army net, some garden canes for poles and a dozen cardboard cut outs of pigeons which came ready painted with a slotted stick to stand them on, my seat was an old cut down kitchen stool but it got me hooked on our sport and have never stopped enjoying it . I do try to make and repair my gear now but have to admit to buying a cart load of sometimes unnecessary stuff in the hope it will make it easier to get more birds.